Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

the red cat

it´s the mascot of my favorite club in my hometown where i use to party... i know the owners and they asked me to do some animations of the cat, maybe we´ll even make a cinema-spot with it.

it´s not really a paid job, i´m more like getting paid in beverages... ;)

so here´s the first demo vid, just a walk- and a runcycle and a short 5sec animation. hope you´ll like it...

kittycams.mov

wireframe316.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant! Is this based on personal experience with cats, or have you been watching a lot of re-runs of The Planet's Funniest Animals?

I currently have two cats who I know would react quite differently in this situation: One would scrabble frantically while looking ever so embarrassed. The other would simple go over the edge without any struggle and with a very round-eyed look of surprise on her face.

thanks guys... i´ll keep posting the progress... it´s my first attempt in toon-render, and i love it, especially because it really renders very fast...

bill: yes, it´s experience, i´ve got 3 cats by myself, i guess all of them would behave more or less like this, except the fat one, he wouldn´t even try to make that jump at all :)

AND- When you say 'maybe a cinema spot' are you talking about one of those ads you see at the cinema for local businesses? That would be cool! It's digital-projected at a hi-resolution, right?

yes... exactly... i don´t know anything about the technical details yet, but i guess it requires a pretty high resolution... but those ads are much cheaper than i thought, it´s only about 100,- euros for a 20-second clip for one whole month... and it will be played every evening. the price is for one room only though, but still much cheaper than i thought...