Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

An image

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent work so far. :D

I would personally like to see some more nurnies on the little base, maybe dirty it up some.

Can't wait to see more. My mechanical skills in AM are not even near your level. I like it.

BTW: I would NOT want to be the guy in that base. Yikes. Wouldn't be able to handle the 'any malfunction and you are dead, no chance of escape' thing!

nerrazzi

Great scene, great lighting, great modeling.

… the one thing that bothers me about this scene though is it doesn't look like its REALLY underwater. I don't know what it is, it looks like it could be a night time scene from a sci-fi movie as well as underwater one.

I think it need some dirt in the water, only a tiny amount. Perhaps even the faintest of bubbles coming of the sub. Perhaps some depth of field or hint of underwater scenery in the background. Just sumink to make it look like it is really underwater. I should know I have been there a few times ;)

Hope that helps :)

Thanks again for the remarks everyone. :)

it looks like it could be a night time scene from a sci-fi movie as well as underwater one.

Yeah, that's what I kind of figured, there's no real volume between the camera and the objects... Adding bubbles might complete the effect and make you believe that it's actually under water, I tried using the "film grain" option but that only seemed to diffuse the image.

try rendering that image again but this time turn on 'fog' and set it to the bkgd color

I'll give this a go and see how it looks. Eventually this is going to be a movie file so a friend suggested for that I use a light amount of ground up corn flakes in clear water against a green screen. I dunno, might work out... just have to go back and watch the abyss <_<

Attached is a snap shot of a "newer" submarine...

post-7-1100323040.jpg

yea man I'm liking that new sub. But are you going for a sci-fi look in the picture? I don't know if that one would fit in as well as the one you have with the tower. You've got like a high tech-ish look so far with the tower and the current sub. I don't know if that new sub will match as well with the tower you've got though. Just a thought. It's looking great though. Whatever you end up doing I'm sure it'll come out good.

Nice image Nerrazzi.

Add the fog and my suggestion would be too add some particle matter using a sprite emitter. Not sure if it occurs deep down( It does it lower depths),if the tower's been under the water for more than a couple of weeks, it would have some form of growth occurring in the crevasses as well.

are you going for a sci-fi look in the picture? I don't know if that one would fit in as well as the one you have with the tower. You've got like a high tech-ish look so far with the tower and the current sub. I don't know if that new sub will match as well with the tower you've got though.

Excellent observation!!! So there is a story behind all this and for the new sub to work, I'm going to have to update the lab as well-- in this case, the story has to change; I don't want to do that... :angry:

Attached is the unfinished "first sub" which my wife claims looks like the one in The Abyss. ... and I must agree that this sub was "inspired", okay copied from that particular movie but I figured that if I do a little cosmetic juggling act I could conceivably create a different sub with a few similarities to the donor.

The new sub gives off the assumption that this film happens quite a while in the future and belongs to a super hero; while the original sub looks as if it could be happening now or 5 to 10 years from now which by the way concurs with the story. So let this be an important lesson to other would-be modelers purporting to build vehicles and or props for your story, be absolutely sure they fit the part otherwise it'll drive you nuts :wacko:

my suggestion would be too add some particle matter using a sprite emitter. Not sure if it occurs deep down( It does it lower depths),if the tower's been under the water for more than a couple of weeks, it would have some form of growth occurring in the crevasses as well.

The particle emitter and a lichen type growth is a good idea, I'll give that a go as well-- thanks John

post-7-1100497767.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Back to The Abyss.

Wonderful work.

To make the water a bit 'dirty', could you make a few transparent layers with specks to simulate the dirt? All you need is just a hint of reflecting organisms of the deep.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

These 2 images here are earlier shots I took trying to give it a really cold feel, some of the lights are runnung kind of hot but they're just test shots.

To make the water a bit 'dirty', could you make a few transparent layers with specks to simulate the dirt? All you need is just a hint of reflecting organisms of the deep.

That's a really good idea! I'm going to have to give it a go...

post-7-1113660049.jpg

I just couldn't see anything.

I took the liberty to adjust the gamma to 2.2 on my end.

Probably too light but definitely reveals the detail on my end.

LOL! Okay... here's a brighter shot :)

Do you use any other lights besides those on the vehicle?

These images are retouched in PS, I'm using a blue omni light from that package later on I'll throw it into AE after I animate it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this last image is like the first shot I took so there's a lot of parts and detail that aren't present.

post-7-1113660675.jpg

Edited by nerrazzi