sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cupid's Sick Day

Shelton

• *A:M User*

Body is all on and now for the clothing. He will have a blue sweater and jeans with penny loafers. Here are two shots. The transistion came out ok some of the things I am not happy with will be covered with clothing.

Steve

kurtbodyb0.jpg

kurtbodyc0.jpg

Body is all on and now for the clothing. He will have a blue sweater and jeans with penny loafers. Here are two shots. The transistion came out ok some of the things I am not happy with will be covered with clothing.

Steve

Very nicely done... you may want to increase the density of SSS a bit so. Dont know what you are using now? 100%? Try 200%.

See you

*Fuchur*

Trying to get a polyester fabric look

More shiny! We need to hear the swish as he walks!

Oh yeah, Ted's a cutey in a squeeky-geeky clean way. But perhaps his arms are too "developed" for someone who probably sits at a desk, nose to the monitor all day. And maybe he could use a more developed pot belly muscle? I'm assuming he transforms into Hunky-boy Polyester Man?

Hi Nancy. I used the same form on Ted and Kurt and had not thought about the arms. I will shrink them down. Ted will be one of the guys that is hit with a Cupid arrow that has missed the mark. He will chase after the girl with no luck.

Thanks for looking and the input!

Steve

Had to change the hair. Had built it in an earlier version. Then imported it into v15. The file began to crash and and when it was not crashing the render views were all messed up. After deleting the hair material and then recreating it in v15 no more crashes.

Steve

Edit.

Here is a shot of the hair and I have reduced the size of the forearms by 20%

tedqurt0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a few days and I finally got a chance to work on Kurt. I have always loved the hair on Woot in TWO. I tried to emulate the hair on Kurt.

Here he is and the only thing left to do before rigging is the denim jeans

Steve

kurtwholequarter0.jpg

• Hash Fellow

Good looking hair on Kurt.

It used to be possible to fade in the transparency on hair to give a softer look to the roots, but there's bug in that now.

Had to change the hair. Had built it in an earlier version. Then imported it into v15. The file began to crash and and when it was not crashing the render views were all messed up. After deleting the hair material and then recreating it in v15 no more crashes.

If you could post the old hair material and the new hair material it might be interesting to see the difference.

Started working on Cindy again. Reduced the patch count from 5900 to 4500 and reworked shoes and legs and will need some tweaking on ankles but I am much happier with this. I have also changed skin tone and worked sss and will go with this color. I will add some make up and skin tones to help with the sss. Here is a shot of the reworked Cindy. I will have some update shots with the hair in place shortly.

Cindytwoshoes0.jpg

I had a little hiccup with 15 g but all is well. Here is a shot of Cindy with a narrowed head and sss rework.

Jeff here is the shot of the face with the dark spot on her nose that I sent the email on.

Steve B)

edit: I took the pictures onto another computer and the shot appeared to be very dark. My question is, this shot dark to you guys?

skinnytwob0.jpg

Thats nice looking hair Steve ,I had a prob with the shine on it myself but found a setting that contrld it ,I will have a look see if I can remember

edit

The only thing I can find is the brightsess under the emiter is set to 60% I am using IBL ,don't know if that efects it though.Did you try adding another emiter ,I done it a few days ago and it worked good ,I used a darker image with it

Jake, here is the render with the correct sss settings. Less waxy.

Still having problems with hair shaders. Changed color of hair to see if I could get rid of the specularity. this is with black as base and black as spec, to give a shine but it looks grey?

Steve

Edit

Here is a shot of the hair and skull cap. Wierd shot but trying to calm down the spec.

newlight0.jpg

hairtest0.jpg

Just a blog statement here.

Back when Bolt and Battle for Terra came out I noticed that most of the human character design had some what of a theme to the main characters. When I began developing the characters for Cupid's Sick Day I wanted to incorporate this as well. If you hadn't noticed, all of the characters a have a lazy j look to the face. By that I have the jaw and chin extend out and a narrowed chin. I even have it on Cindy, the female, albeit it is less obvious. In drawing my sketches for the designs I started with the side view and drew a J with the vertical line laid back and no hook on the horizontal line. All the men started this way except for Tony, the hot dog cart vendor. He started with a j but it was filled in. Any way just wanted to throw that out there in case some of you had noticed.

Steve

Still having problems with hair shaders. Changed color of hair to see if I could get rid of the specularity. this is with black as base and black as spec, to give a shine but it looks grey?

Muhair is deliberately shiny and I like the look that you have going there...(but I of course would make the spec color purple)

However - if you want to tone down the specularity of muhair - then set the primary strength to

hair material/hair emitter/surface/specular render shader=Muhair/primary strength=50%

Thanks Gene! It has been a fun journey to learn the program. There is so much to learn. I am still modeling and rigging is just starting. Then there is animating lighting etc...

Steve

I love the camera work. lighting is fun, but I enjoy choosing camera shots and angles.