Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cupid's Sick Day

Shelton

• *A:M User*

Thanks Stian.

I am starting the model of a transit bus this week and would like so crits from you and the other mechanical modelers. I have not built anything such as car or truck so this one should be difficult for me.

Steve

I am starting the model of a transit bus this week and would like so crits from you and the other mechanical modelers. I have not built anything such as car or truck so this one should be difficult for me.
Cool! I'm looking forward to the thread

Thanks guys..

David I wanted a different look but I think I did go to far. I will touch that up tonight.

Working again on the hair tonight and shoes.

Steve

Well I changed the knees. She was 5'5" and I decided to make her 5'8" and cleaned up the arms as well. Got the shoes on

It will be a couple of days before I post another update.

Will be taking my laptop on vacation, our year trek to Walt Disney World. Be back in three weeks.

Steve

dressshoes0.jpg

Thanks Gene I appreciate the support. This has been really fun to get up and running again. I have a great deal ahead of me. The short will hope to be 5 minutes and so far I have created 4 characters and a handful of props. I have three sets to build, tons of props to go, texture, learn more on each step, etc......

Steve

Thanks Gene I appreciate the support. This has been really fun to get up and running again. I have a great deal ahead of me. The short will hope to be 5 minutes and so far I have created 4 characters and a handful of props. I have three sets to build, tons of props to go, texture, learn more on each step, etc......

Steve

Every animation you do makes you that much better.

Thanks Gene and David.

Well all the family gets here tomorrow so I will not have much time the next 7 days. May have some time late tonight but if not see you when I return.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I am back at it and trying to create a mirror on the bus. I want to see the refelections in the mirror, I can see the glass reflecting toward the windshield but if I go at an angle to see to the rear it only shows a dark color or no reflection at all. What type of settings should I have on the surface?

Steve

:(

Here is an update. Getting close to painting the bus and calling it done. Got both sides now completed and doors in place. I keep forgetting how little time the shot of the bus will be on screen.

Steve

bus60.jpg

I have been sick for several days and have not felt like doing much. Had a few minutes this evening and finished the rear end. Rendered these shots and found several mistakes. corners on the back front doors hanging, etc. I will complete these items but as little time as the bus will be on screen, i am not going to kill myself finishing a detailing it out, which would be fun. I will keep this project around and visit it later.

Good news is I found some help with the short. Voices, texturing, music and several other things I will not have to kill myself to complete.

Here are the pics

Steve

bustwo0.jpg

busthree0.jpg

busfour0.jpg

busfive0.jpg

I could not stop. All the seats are in and now I have to paint. I have decided on paint scheme and hope to have it done this weekend. Ready to start on the next guy in the short.

Steve

buseight0.jpg

Thanks the only thing is the advertising panels and a couple of decals on the tires and she is done.

Steve

Ran into some corruption of the model. and so to cover it I am placing the adverts on the bus.

Here is the shot of the bus spline corruption. Not sure what caused it. Notice under the second window from rearof the bus the black dots. These dos are evident all along this spline on both sides (copy/flip/attached). If I remove this spline the entire model distorts. I restore this spline and all is well except for the blemishes during the render.

I like who the mesh turned out on the grills

Steve

busfive0.jpg

Help

What is the best way to place characters in the bus? To get him into place took me forever and I am still not happy.

Also what is the best way to place lights on the bus?

Got the wipers on the bus. Got to rig the bus. I hope to see how Mark rigged the trucks

Steve

:rolleyes:

busgeorge.mov