Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

OMG My Movie's On Nicktoons!!!!!

ZachBG

I just got this in the mail!

Dear Mr Brewster-Geisz,

Congratulations.

The co-producing team of Frederator Studios and Animation Magazine is happy to inform you that <ESC> has been selected to appear in the sixth episode of the Nicktoons Film Festival, airing on Nicktoons Sunday, November 28th, at 10:00pm (ET) / 7:00pm (PT).

Encore presentations include:

Monday, 11/29, at 1:00am (ET)

Monday, 11/29, at 10:00pm (ET)

Tuesday, 11/30, at 1:00am (ET)

If you have any questions please be sure to e-mail us at Hey@Frederator.kz or NicktoonsFilmFestival@AnimationMagazine.net. Also note that a representative from our production office may contact you for marketing purposes.

Once again, thank you for your submission and welcome to our show.

Sincerely,

Rita Street, Producer

Eric Homan, Producer

Nicktoons Film Festival

I can't believe this. It must be a practical joke. Thank (insert deity here) I just got cable last month!

The film, by the way, is this one.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, all!

So, when's Duck Sauce gonna make it, huh?

Sorry, man. I wish it was, truly. Probably just plain too long (ESC is 1 minute, Duck Sauce is 8).

Congratulations! You must have left-out the paragraph where they talk about the money...

Well, there is that $10,000 prize... but somehow that doesn't seem likely... :lol:

When did you make that? I know I've seen it, but i thought it was a while ago.

It was; I made it for the Internet Ray-Tracing Competition, back in late 2003. The whole thing took 8 days to make for the contest, but for the version on AMFilms (and what will be on Nicktoons) I re-did a little of the animation and many of the keyboard textures.

How can I enter a film for the Nicktoons festival?

The deadline has passed for this season, but they might do it again next year (this is pure speculation on my part, not inside information).

Cool, i'd love to be able to do something like that. Can't wait until January so i can buy the software and have a play, wish i was a student now instead of the flunker i am, lol.

*twiddles fingers*

With all the cool clips i'm finding it hard to wait, but i couldn't afford it this year and the upgrade next year :(

• 2 weeks later...
Saw your movie on Nick Toons a few minutes ago. Very, very cool. B)

Thanks, dude! I couldn't get most of my friends or family to stay up late enough to see it. Ah well...

Rodney: there's still time! It's running again tonight! ;)

Thanks everyone for your kind comments...

Saw your movie on Nick Toons a few minutes ago.  Very, very cool.  B)

Thanks, dude! I couldn't get most of my friends or family to stay up late enough to see it. Ah well...

Rodney: there's still time! It's running again tonight! ;)

Thanks everyone for your kind comments...

What time???

Check the very first post on page one of this topic. It lists the times the film festival is showing.

There were some really interesting films on there. Quite a breadth of medium to create them too.

Other than <ETC>, which was visually much better looking than any of the others, I really enjoyed the one with the little boy telling the story of his new dog the best. I was trying to figure out if they recorded this little kid telling an actual story about a dog and then decided to create an animation around that...or if they made up the whole story and added the animation to go with it. I suspect the former.

Other than <ETC>, which was visually much better looking than any of the others, I really enjoyed the one with the little boy telling the story of his new dog the best. I was trying to figure out if they recorded this little kid telling an actual story about a dog and then decided to create an animation around that...or if they made up the whole story and added the animation to go with it. I suspect the former.

a) it's <ESC> (now do I have to make one called <ETC>, where a poor abbreviation is hounded by big words?) :D

B) no, it wasn't any better visually, actually, I was embarrassed by my lighting & texturing. :) But that's just my opinion...

c) according to the blurb on the Nicktoons site, the animator just recorded what the kid said. That's why it was so charming.

Anyway, Greg, it's on again at 10 PM and 1 AM tonight (EST).