Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cupid's Sick Day

Shelton

I just tried (I just put some red pants on my nude lion) - and got funny results in 16rc1/32 pc. But after I closed A:M and restarted - I got results same as 16beta5, and what I would expect. Try closing and restart 16rc1

I have been noticing similar funny inconsistent renders with hair & groups with bitmap plus material on the hair groups - these problems might be related, or maybe not.

16rc1ssswithredpants.jpg

• *A:M User*

Holmes I have done exactly what you have described. Started new prj then set a sphere and applied SSS and got sss render. If I remove the group and try to render the sphere it is black.

Steve

Holmes I have done exactly what you have described. Started new prj then set a sphere and applied SSS and got sss render. If I remove the group and try to render the sphere it is black.

Steve

What about if you remove the group, then restart A:M, then try to render the sphere?

Hi Nancy,

To my taste the SSS doesn`t add anything good.

The skin looks like from Madame Tussauds cabinet. (waxy)

(That also goes for the Forwood chara.)

Sorry, but am I alone with my opinion?

(Maybe the AM SSS is not really at the breakingpoint yet?)

Well here is the character I have been working on just at the beginning.

Is this the one that fails? Or has the problem gone away? Are you wanting both skin shader & sss on the skin?

Sorry, but am I alone with my opinion.

I think the use of sss is a matter of taste, and finding the right RGB extinction values for each character. I have not used sss on any of my characters. I put it on the lion for testing purposes only.

• 1 month later...

Well the knee is allowing me to work and get back to things. I decided that Cupid will be more of a child. Since the knee prevented me from a tv commercial, I will use the characters from it in Cupid. So here is a revision of Cupid with the old wing. I will redo the wing tonight and upload some new shots later.

Steve

testcupid0.jpg

I will feather these wings as well. That being said, I am having trouble getting the material to look like feathers. Is there a tutorial floating out there on how to make feathers. I pulled up the tech reference and found one but it did not turn out.

Steve

• 5 months later...

It has been awhile since I posted anything. Mainly I have been on the road and away from the computer.

Here is a shot of the group of characters that I have received the body rig, thanks to Mark.

Steve

group0.png

Rendering my first walk cycle of 8 seconds with net render in vga resolution. It has hair and sss. Rendering on a quad core I7 960 3.2 with 12 gigs of Ram. So far each frame is rendering at 46 seconds. Working like a charm.

Steve