sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cokebottle Vette

Hi all,

Did some more testing on my working-pipeline with my cartoony cokebottle Vette.

15h on PC ,1024x576 - 200 frames about 8 minutes each frame rendertime, 5 passes, shadows, reflections (ground 4%), matcap shader on the Vettes body, chrome mat on chrome parts, apple matcap on interior parts, fake rimlight mat on the whole model, threepointlighting of defaultchor, keylight 55% and Gloabl Ambiance type Global color white at 30 %.

the model is "waterproofed" (thick doublesided bodyparts) because I inserted volumetric lights in it.

One major drawback: Cant see the posesliders effects in realtime while I set the keyframes, though they are there when I restart AM.

But cant really animate like this "blindfolded". Hope this is due to some thing with 15 h still.....

Second what buffles me, seems that, when I put the volumetric lights to "ON" in the poseslider, it cuts the rendertimes to half!

It should be the other way round, right.

Any crits and advises welcome.

CorvetteH.mov

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>QUOTE(jakerupert @ Nov 27 2009, 04:52 AM)

the model is "waterproofed" (thick doublesided bodyparts) because I inserted volumetric lights in it.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

their respective directions. oops, was that more clear?

(Homeslice, thank you, I found the attachment delete button.)

I have one question regarding volumetric lights in a model:

As you can see I inserted some driving lights, brake and directional lights directly into the model with light bones.

By doing so, the model turned black in shadingmode.

Does this mean the volumetric lights are always active?

I tried to switch them off in a pose and in the chor I can see the effect

but I am beginning to get the impression that the volumetric lights cost rendertime, even when switched off with the pose?

Could somebody shed some light on this topic ,please?

Also can I get shading mode colors back,even with volumetric light bones inside the model?

Vetteblack.jpg

VetteblackBones.jpg

So Jake- you are saying... you made a new klieg light...turned it to volumetric... dragged it into the bones-mode of the model where it appears as a bone that you placed... and then back in modeling mode the car renders as all-black now?

Is this not supposed to happen?

Are you sure it doesn't render correctly? And Yes a model that contains lights will appear all black until you render.

If you don't like seeing black in modeling mode - perhaps you would be better off if you added lights to your model as action objects in an action?

ie delete lights from model, start new action with your model - then add lights to the action, position them, save action.

>Are you sure it doesn't render correctly?

> And Yes a model that contains lights will appear all black until you render.

>If you don't like seeing black in modeling mode - perhaps you would be better off if you added lights to your model as action objects in an action?

ie delete lights from model, start new action with your model - then add lights to the action, position them, save action.

As for making sense - that's a different issue - it is what it is...so for now, one has to find a work around if it's giving you a problem. You can put in an A:M report for a feature change.

If you want to turn your lights on/off as action objects - you can do it in the chor - by making lights active/not active - as well as change all other properties of the light. There are different ways to do it.

One way: add action to model in chor, turn on show all drivers for model, grab action object light - from side view might be easiest - turn off light (not active).

(Holy Mackeral - Flying Clay cars! - looks great)