Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

3D Soccer Stadium

hi all

i was working on a project where i needed a stadium....i faced many problems modeling it..i couldn't find a good refrence for the stadium structure...this one was made without measurment ...this is the stadium number 5.....i think this is the result i wanted but still under progress....i hope to get some comments

post-6866-1154120087_thumb.jpg

post-6866-1154120202_thumb.jpg

post-6866-1154120308_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

For the people might I suggest doing what George Lucas did in Star Wars (Episode 1) except without the cotton swabs. Lots and lots of multicolored spheres... virtual swabbies.

For close ups perhaps you could use actual characters or stand in images?

Nice Stadium Jin! :)

thank u so much brothers....i made the stadium without any refrence i mean there's no crapy stadium like this :) about the crowd.........jin always has a solution...for far or close shots....in the image below u may see the idea of how i would make the crowd....the other image is the stadium number 3...but i'm not gonna use it...i like the last one.....for the blue board...anyone is welcome to place his add :) this staduim is spacer hash international stadium.....it's a hash property :)

post-6866-1154185768_thumb.jpg

post-6866-1154185863_thumb.jpg

thanx....here's an update....a wireframe too....well....i don't know why the stadium model started load very very slowly now...there's a driver thing in the model tree in the pws....i think it's the cuz...most of the decaling is a project mat materials which i reduced its values to match object axis....by the way...is that method of creating crowd is good? or is there another way to do it?

post-6866-1154188063_thumb.jpg

post-6866-1154188130_thumb.jpg

• Admin
by the way...is that method of creating crowd is good? or is there another way to do it?

It looks nice... I don't think you've actually outlined the method though so can't speak to that.

If you plan on having the crowd animated (i.e. appear to be moving) that will probably lead you in a different direction. Just having the crowd areas as animated decals/patch images might do the trick. Then you could easily add bump maps too. Having the hair images always face the camera would ensure the 'actors' looked good in the stands.

For viewing from the field and straight on I think using hair with one image per strand would be ideal but it would also bring your computer to a crawl.

Just typing out loud and imagining the possibilities.

The hair thing didn't work as I wanted on a similar project. I think my images were just too big.

Keep it simple and it might.

At any rate... beautiful stadium!

For optimum simpicity I'd stay with decal/patch images.

Is that what you are using?

thanx....here's an update....a wireframe too....well....i don't know why the stadium model started load very very slowly now...there's a driver thing in the model tree in the pws....i think it's the cuz...most of the decaling is a project mat materials which i reduced its values to match object axis....by the way...is that method of creating crowd is good? or is there another way to do it?

Jin,

http://www.marlinstudios.com/

This approach might work for you for the crowd.

David

Zaryin...lathe what? the cross section..??? it's a lathe..but i take the half of it and then copy paste the opposite direction and push it a bit then connect the two halfs...that's all

thanx dave...good refrence....but for a soccer crowd...i think i gotta do them all...it's a long and painy process but i will go along the road

it's how i will create the crowd...the only problem is the number of ppl i will make and thier actions...then how to compose them in one quicktime movie which is 3500x340 scale...this is a pain...also for good randomize i have to make more than one movie with deffrent ppl in deffrent places...this is very hard but still possiable...

i need a rotoscope for a soccer player..where can i find that?

here is an update with flags...any good ideas for rendering time...it takes 10 minutes..that's a problem

Jin,

10 minutes is a good render time for that scene.

What resolution, number of passes did you use?

If you would like to do a fly around, you may consider:

Turning off shadows

Turning off reflections (most important)

Turing off the sky dome (if there is one in the scene).

David

i use the defult settings nothing more..no passes....maybe coocki cut material of the crowd is the reason?

does coocki cut maps or materials take long time to render???

no sky dom...just normal bulb lights here and there

Jin,

Materials take longer to render than decals.

I don't remember what the default settings are anymore.

Is the image rendered at 640x480?

The reason I am asking these questions is you were wondering if 10 minutes was a long time to render.

The answer is... it depends on what settings you use.

I thought maybe you were using a dome to get the sky image in the background.

It looks great as always!

David

Really nice work on this, Jin. 10 minutes doesn't seem too bad a render time, but like David said there are lots of settings to play with!

As for the crowds, over at A:M films Soulcage Dept. has an amazing commercial they animated for free-range chickens that involves a foot race with a background of crowded "stands" of stacked-up chicken coops, and all the background chickens are animated. It's really incredible but probably more work than you want to go to for this.

http://amfilms.hash.com/search/entry.php?entry=1060

I also wouldn't worry about too much variety of color in the crowded stands. A limited number of muted colors for the crowds helps to keep them in the background. I imagine you would want the attention to be on the players.

Great work!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks dave

render time was the same, about 8 to 10 minutes...i guess it's because of the crowd..the crowd uses a projection map material, as i heard, materials are slowing down render time...i guess i will change it into decals.....i'm happy u like it....but still want comments...and suggestion for clothing stuff

thank u so much for your comments, it gives me the power to

go ahead with this project

infact, after the first player model..i took a look at him

trying to discover any problems, then i decided to remodel

some parts of his body to look better, i'm concentrating on

details now..as u see, i changed his shoes to a better one,

also i changed the T shirt and short...and because i want

to give him a realastic look...i decided to use cloth

simulation for his T shirt and short..but i'm facing some

problems now and i wish to get solutions for it if it's

possiable.

i did a smart skin for the bending parts on the right side,