sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Less forum activity?

Roger

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Forum traffic tends to be cyclic (with January generally the lowest point of all the annual cycles).

I don't think October has ever been high on the scale of forum activity.

Although historicaly I'd say traffic does tend to rise at the end of the month with sharing of Halloween related material.

Perhaps related: While logins/posting might be a bit low a present... over the past few months I've noted an increase in Guests that don't login to the forum.

I'll guess that represents many A:M Users that don't think it's necessary to login as they are satisfied to just drop by to see what's been going on and then head back to their projects.

Perhaps folks are working hard on their holiday contest entries. ;)

Keep in mind that where posting of questions and sharing of information is prevalent there is more activity (in answering those questions and providing feedback) so if more activity in the forum is desired... don't sit on the sidelines*... join in the fun and get active!

*This is not directed at Roger but all forum members in general. It's our forum so we drive the activity.

• Hash Fellow
That's a great song. :)

(It's okay to play/sing it on happy occasions too!)

Ah, if I'd only stuck with those elementary school days of playing the E-flat alto horn.

At a guess I'd say that is the instrument you are playing there?

It's an awkward story. Here's how I told it on the trombone forum...

The Case of the Phoney Euphonium

I've been looking for a really cheap euphonium and I saw this being sold on ebay as a "baritone" .

Baritone, schmaritone I thought... the pictures showed it has the wider bore of a Euphonium. With my expert eye I can spot the difference!

So i buy it, it arrives, I stick a mouthpiece on it and... hmmm... there's something odd about this horn...

And Rodney, at this point I did think perhaps i had an alto horn. But it would have to be the hugest alto horn ever made, and...

why am i able to play so far into the high partials on this thing?

Well, it turns out it's not a B-flat baritone, it's not a B-flat euphonium... it's an old E-flat tuba!

No one knows much about "Goumat & Co." Probably one of dozens of instrument manufacturers that operated around 1900 during the height of the concert band era. I'm sure it would have stories to tell.

goumat2.jpg

• *A:M User*
We should start a polka band or something...

ooohhh.... the Animation:Master Polka... i must write that!

If you actually write the polka, I will see if I can't get my trombone chops back enough to play with you. We'd probably have to do a Skype duet or something, though.

If you actually write the polka, I will see if I can't get my trombone chops back enough to play with you. We'd probably have to do a Skype duet or something, though.

Now there's something: Screen cap of a split screen duet...better yet animate it! (this is an animation forum after all).

• Hash Fellow

More of my unnecessary acquisitions

Tubassm.jpg

What I'd most likely do is make a click track for people to record to. Get your mouthpiece out and start buzzing on it a little each day just in case i do this. JohnL3D also plays trombone.

What I'd most likely do is make a click track for people to record to. Get your mouthpiece out and start buzzing on it a little each day just in case i do this. JohnL3D also plays trombone.

Come up with a piano score (not really polka though) and my daughter Nicole could add to the fun.... I'd still advocate an animation reel too. Imagine each performer films a live short playing his bit, then animates a character doing the same, then it's all put together...

Papa Bear is just about ready to tickle the ivories!

• *A:M User*
More of my unnecessary acquisitions

Tubassm.jpg

I'll have to grab my horn next time I go to my parents' house, I haven't played in something like 20 years, it should be interesting to say the least.