Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Marina Vonsee

Hi all,

I build a provisorical website for the development of one of my projects: "Marina Vonsee und der Schrecken der Südsee"

The shootingboard in comicstripform is finished, now starting to do the animatic

for sound and timing, see DEMO button. Also many models finished.

On a sideeffect I published my comicbookscribbles as books from BoD (Books on Demand)

just out of curiosity for these new possibilities.

It`s all German for the time being...

http://www.marinavonsee.de

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...RAND+MECHAJOUST

BalmungClayN0.png

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Nicely modeled and rendered! :)

I like the caricatured design. It's like a Stian Ervik Wahlvåg masterpiece... but simplified and cute.

More please!

Oh wait a second... you have posted more via your website!

Cool.

http://www.jostkeller.de/marinavonsee.de/3DModelle.html

Tell us more about those comics. Did you draw all of those?

Whoever did... I really like the layout and style.

I published my comicbookscribbles as books from BoD

These are wonderful. Now you've got me very intriqued.

If I can afford it I'd like to purchase some of these.

• Hash Fellow

Those look wonderful! I particularly like the planes.

Marina Vonsee und der Schrecken der Südsee

Let's see... translated with high school German that says "Marina Vonsee and the Terrors of the South Sea"

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the overwhelming requests, I made the first 5 books of Marina Vonsee

available as pdf-files (free downloadable ) on my website

www.marinavonsee.de

Though it`s German only for the time being, it would still be interesting to hear,

what you guys can grab from the story thus far...

maybe some of you find the time to take a look?

that looks very promising, jake... really looking forward to the movie. since i´m german i thnk i´ll be able to let you know what i think after i´ve read the books..

allerdings druck ich mir sie vorher lieber aus und lese sie in ruhe, was ich im moment nicht machen kann, da ich unterwegs in hamburg bin.

>allerdings druck ich mir sie vorher lieber aus und lese sie in ruhe, was ich im moment nicht machen kann, da ich unterwegs in hamburg bin.

Ich weiß nichts über Deine Druckkosten aber macht`s da nicht

vielleicht mehr Sinn, `n schönes Album zu kaufen? ;>)

(Du merkst schon, der Geschäftsmann schläft nicht)

Bist Du denn länger in Hamburg?

ok, i´ve read the first book on my screen because i was too curious ;)

the story seems really cute, i´m looking forward to read more. i like the way you tell the story visually, one can tell you´ve put a lot of thought to it.

crit: it´s a bit exhausting to read, everything gets fuzzy after a while. a bit more room for the speech bubbles here and there wouldn´t be a bad idea i think... but i guess you´ve heard that one before and decided that it´s just part of your style... ;)

can´t wait so see it in 3D, your models are awesome... i´d go for the toon-render version if you ask me. but you will need some help animating even one of the books i guess.

i looked up the price for your books on amazon, and i really would have bought one or even all of them if they´re catchy enough (i think they are, have to read some more first), but i think they´re too expensive. 16,90 € is way too much for a comic book that is read in about 20 minutes.

i think you would make a lot more money with it if you´d decide to sell it at a much lower price. i mean 24 x 16,90? that´s more than 400 bucks to read the whole story.

>the story seems really cute, i´m looking forward to read more. i like the way you tell the story visually, one can tell you´ve put a lot of thought to it.

>crit: it´s a bit exhausting to read, everything gets fuzzy after a while. a bit more room for the speech bubbles here and there wouldn´t be a bad idea i think... but i guess you´ve heard that one before and decided that it´s just part of your style...

you can read it at all.

>can´t wait so see it in 3D, your models are awesome... i´d go for the toon-render version if you ask me. but you will need some help animating even one of the books i guess.

>i looked up the price for your books on amazon, and i really would have bought one or even all of them if they´re catchy enough (i think they are, have to read some more first), but i think they´re too expensive. 16,90 € is way too much for a comic book that is read in about 20 minutes.

i think you would make a lot more money with it if you´d decide to sell it at a much lower price. i mean 24 x 16,90? that´s more than 400 bucks to read the whole story.

Quite true everything. The price is kind of dictated by BoD for a colored book that size. It`s way too expensive.

Maybe I can publish the whole thing cheaper as e-book in the far future.

But I am not reckoning on a comercial succsess though anyhow.

Mainly it`s just for me as a platform to present my ideas for funding a movie or finding an editor to do finalized (not scribbled) comic-books.

If some hardcorefans looking for the unusual would buy some books, that would just be on top.

At total costs up to now of about 2000,- € (2 test-books each for me inclusive ) this investion seemed to be worthwhile to me.

Let`s see, what will come out of it.

privat. hab´n paar freunde in hamburg, die ich mehr oder weniger regelmässig besuche. ja klar, können uns gerne bei meinem nächsten hamburg-trip mal treffen, dann kennt man wenigstens einen hier aus´m forum auch mal persönlich ;) kann dir ja einfach hier über´s forum schreiben wenn der nächste termin feststeht.

Sorry, dies Wochende fahr ich raus auf`s Land...

Viel Spaß

Bis zum nächsten Mal!

(this is nothing important)

Vorsicht Jungs, die Forenregeln verbieten eigentlich länger Diskussionen in deutsch ;)

Für sowas gibts ja eigentlich bei mir die deutsche Community... auch wenn sie zugegebener maßen ziemlich ruhig ist ;)

[Careful boys, the foren rules doesnt allow longer discussions in german ;)

For such things there is the german community at my website... so I have to admit that it is quite quiet there.]

*Fuchur*

• Admin
Due to the overwhelming requests, I made the first 5 books of Marina Vonsee

available as pdf-files (free downloadable ) on my website

I'm a little slow making the rounds these days so I just now read this....

This is such a cool thing for you to do for us. Thanks so much! :)

I read the first comic from your site (Marina Vonsee Bd 01)! Even with my basic German reading skills, I could read most of it, albeit slowly. I had some problems reading the writing in places, which makes it harder for a foreigner to read. Even with that, it was quite enjoyable!

ETA: The third comic (Bd 03) is gives a file not found when trying to download it.

Jakerupert & Thefreshestever, I hope the two of you are able to meet up one day in Hamburg! The forums are great, but I think in-person discussions would be even better!