Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

T rex done!

I've been working on this model off and on for the last few years, and I've finally finished re-rigging and texturing it.

It'll be for use in a different context in the end, but I thought I would put it into a little test animation for fun. So here is my very partial homage to Jurassic Park:

http://www.dinocarl.com/trexescape.mov

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the positive feedback! The darkness is on purpose - the footage of the T rex escaping from its pen is at night during a rainstorm. In fact, I think my version is, if anything, a bit bright. Still, how about a still?

post-154-1225742709_thumb.jpg

Ken, I actually just used the 2001 rig with some modifications for this guy. I've started re-rigging some characters with the TSM, but I haven't encountered any limitations using it with this character. The hardest part for a something like this model is the muscle rigging, anyway.

And, Martin, I hope to have this guy hitting more than just the pavement in the coming weeks. ;)

• Admin

Sweet. Looks great!

I understand the needs of the scene dictate.

One could hope for a lightning strike or two to light that darkness and reveal a bit more of the creature. (Of course we want to see more of him!)

On the other hand I'm not sure I really need to see the creature that is about to eat me. Best to end it quickly.

The model speaks for itself. Intense.

With sound and rain effects the intensity of the scene will play very well.

Nice desert pic too!

He looks so tame in comparison to the darker pic. ;)

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.

Rodney, you're certainly right - completing the scene with lightning flashes, the rain effects, and some extra set pieces would doubtlessly make it better. However, I probably won't because I just made this animation as a point of comparison for myself. I felt that if my T rex looks good going through the same animation as the JP escape scene, then I would be able to move forward with it in my own stuff.

On the second point you are also right: I had never stopped to consider the rex in the desert in contrast to its escaping scene and it is very tame by comparison. I had originally made the desert scene as a means of testing the textures on the dino, so I positioned him in such a way that I'd be able to see as much of him as possible. I rendered it so the group here could make him out a little better.

Thanks again, and stay tuned for more!

Carl