Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My first big model

agep

Hello all. I'm an animation newbie (startet with AM october 2004). In november I made my first big model. The model is the norwegian searescue wessel "Peter Henry von Koss". I used 3 weeks on the model. I'll be grateful for any comment

pvhk1.jpg

pvhk2.jpg

Here is an short animation:

phvk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very detailed model. I just got back into scale models myself and this has that feel to it. (You know. . . glue, plastic, sand paper, paint etc.) I'm impressed at how quickly you have mastered splines. Good work.

thanks for all comments :D

I'm impressed at how quickly you have mastered splines
AM is the first 3D software I'm using so I had a fresh start (never worked with polygon based software)

Nice! I like the sea too. Is that done in AM?

Also, did you have detailed plans of the boat to do this?

The sea is a displace_map done by charles babbage.

I used som simple blueprints of the boat. I also have a bunch of pictures that I used as reference.

• Admin

Lots of great detail. Very nice!

This is one of the reasons I try to steer new users toward mechanical modeling first before taking on characters. They can see results and improvement fairly quick.

In your case there is also some talent obviously being brought to bear.

As has been mentioned you are really developing your skills quite rapidly!

Bravo! :)

it has a scale model feel, probably because it's so clean and the material has a white plastic, rather than a white painted metal feel
I know, I think so too. Maybe I'll add som dirt masks (or something) to make it look "used/worn" to give it a more realistic look, when I have time

I'm a-liken what I'm a-seein! GREAT 1st job!

It will be fun to add a little wave action to the boat as it bobs in the sea.

Boats are one of those things I could look at all day.

Boats...

beautiful women...

ice hockey...

exotic cars...

beer...

my computer running A:M...

thanks guys.

Was this just an exercise for you, a hobby project

Yes, kind of. My dad said it would be fun if I made a model of the boat (he has been a employee on the boat). so I thought it be an fun first big project/model, but I did not think it would take 3 weeks to make it :D but it was very fun to work on it.

thanks guys.

Was this just an exercise for you, a hobby project

Yes, kind of. My dad said it would be fun if I made a model of the boat (he has been a employee on the boat). so I thought it be an fun first big project/model, but I did not think it would take 3 weeks to make it :D but it was very fun to work on it.

I think it would make an excellent game model. Have you ever considered modeling game vehicles?
Err... Remember I'm just a newbee, just been working with A:M for four months. Eventough I'm using A:M several hours daily :D A:M is my new TIMECONSUMING hobby, and it would be the dream of my life to work with i professionally, but that i believe is a couple(many) years in the future :D

offtopic: how to delete a post? I made a duplicate post

since the boat got a "scaled look" i came up with the idea of trying to make a scenario with the boat as an actually scaled model.. I mean an workbench with the boat as an building kit, tube of glue and so on.. *working on it*

• 3 weeks later...

I have finished the workbench scenario and I want to show it, but I also want to do a shot at the Image contest with it (although it will be a long shot :( ).... Do I have to wait until the contest is finished until I show it of here?

Wow! Terrific model. :lol:

You've had A:M for about the same time as me and you're already lightyears ahead! :(

Well done, I'm sure you've a great chance in the competition.

I've seen people post their entries and WIPs before the competition but most don't. It's really up to you.

Best of luck!

Cheers

Mike