Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Singer

tanassi

Hi everybody.

thanks to all for the encouraging comments.

Jon - thanks, i'm happy you like her, i like very much your breathing babes.

Charlie - thanks, i wanted fine hands because they will be shown closely in the video, may be she is a pianoist (piano player).

Robcat - thanks, i didn't know that actress but... yes the style and the haircut is that. i get inspired by the comicbook character "Valentina" born from the pencil of the italian artist Guido Crepax http://www.crepax.it

addiction: i have just discovered that Guido Crepax was inspired to create Valentina by an old photo of Louise Brooks he kept in his worktable and that he fall in love... good intuition. and the name of Crepax wife is... Louise.

Jim - thanks for the inspiration i have also kept from your images, yes, i'm not searching photorealism, may be i will try cartoon shader (who knows?), some parts are already porcelained (breast image), but before to apply it i want to make all the surfaces as smooth as possible. and yes, i'll post some wireframes, although they need some cleaning and adjustment here and there.

Vern - thanks, your critics are always welcome. yes it may be, i will improve it.

thanks to all... Vincenzo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, first time I am stumbling over this threat and when I started with page one,

I have to admid, that I didn`t expect, the model would become that good!!

Excellent style and modeling!

Looking forward to see some wireframes.....

Congrats

;>) Jake

very impressed with the splinage... it's quite lean!

in the animation, you seem to have limited the dynamics to only a portion of her breasts. i'd expect broader breast movement.

don't wait another year to update us! ' ' )

-jon

Very nice modeling!

I think she looks like 99 from the Get Smart series in the 1960's, particularly the shots of her with shoulder length hair.

Perhaps you could put her in 60's era clothes.

this series never came in Italy, :( it should be funny!

she will have a evening dress to sing.

very impressed with the splinage... it's quite lean!

in the animation, you seem to have limited the dynamics to only a portion of her breasts. i'd expect broader breast movement.

don't wait another year to update us! ' ' )

i used one bone per breast and CP weights to graduate the influence between the breast bone and the chest bone. to have a broader motion i should use two or more bones chained toghether as in the Huntress model by Joe Williamsen. i will try something to improve the motion although i don't like huge tits :D

thanks to all for the comments.

post-7-1124310310.jpg

Regarding the mammarian glandular protuberance dynamic oscillation simulation (MGPDOS)...

From my experience... which is not as broad as I would like (forgive the pun)... those babies would have more movement overall...

Let's face it... they would really bounce over to the sides more and have a lot more "jelly wiggle".

Actually... if she is going to be wearing some kind of... support... the pointy bits would move less than the fatty bits... pardon the scientific technical jargon.

Other than that...

Woohoo!

Seriously though... MGPDOS aside... you are definitely on the right track... according to my Mennonite brethren... it is the "wrong" side of the track... but much more fun.

Vernon "Check out her MGPs!" Zehr

The number one rebelious Mennonite speaks words of wisdom!

She looks like a C-D cup but that jiggle looks to be that of an A - B cup!

Nice dress too, could you get sequins on there? repeated specular map? Really short fat hairs with capped ends? i dunno, but it needs sequins!

Laters - Nixie

GREOWL! She's a hottie allright! When will she be avaliable for dating? I promise I'll have her back by 11. ;)

I just read trough the whole WIP and I was very much entertained by reading trough your "from head to jigglely breasts"-progress.

Keep up the great work!

Hi everybody,

Let's face it... they would really bounce over to the sides more and have a lot more "jelly wiggle". Actually... if she is going to be wearing some kind of... support... the pointy bits would move less than the fatty bits

She looks like a C-D cup but that jiggle looks to be that of an A - B cup!

new breast motion, Vern, Ken, Chris!

in the last days i went to the beach and had opportunity to watch a lot of breasts in motion and i tryed to put this in the new breast motion. i hope you like it.

The Dress is certainly apropos for the lady and her genre...

of course she's a singer

great model and all - really nice job penso che e bella

grazie, sono contento che ti piaccia :D Steve

GREOWL! She's a hottie allright! When will she be avaliable for dating? I promise I'll have her back by 11.

are your intention honest Joakim? :D

thanks for the support... Vincenzo

dynamic_breast_test_2.mov

Having read through all five pages, I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed by your knowledge of anatomy and uber-efficient splinage. When you have finished this project of yours, would you mind providing a modeling video tutorial and a copy of the model file of this character? I would be very interested in studying how you built the mesh.

I do believe that for animators, the art of people watching is a far more noble pursuit in the form of "field research". Unfortunately, all too often a rather large slobbering, hairy fan boy comes along and ruins it for the rest of us. :blink:

Keep up the good work!

:D the whole time reading through this thread, that song the Bebe Nuerth sang for Chicago rings through my head. . .

Com'on babe I know a wicked spot

where the Jin is cold but the piano's hot!

It's just a noisy hall where there's a nightly brall

and all. . . that. . . . jazz!

I'm still trying to finish modelling mine so i'm no where near the level of programing dynamics. . . but when I do with thread'll be a big help.

thanks to all as always,

john - i think to donate the model when finished for the A:M bonus disk (i already spoke to Paul Daley about this), or make it available in my site (when i will have the time to set up one), about the tutorial... humm, i think it will be not available in a short time, i'm quite busy you know... job, family, study, practice, sex, etc, etc, :P

Davie - ah, the jazz atmosphere, the smoke (some long ago), noise of musicians according the instruments, a spot light up the stage, a beautyful woman appears, the singer, she approaches the microphone crossing the stage with her catwalk in her tight dress... the piano plays the intro, her voice enchant everybody and the magic of jazz begins B)

i would like to show you some hip motion using CP weights only. i decide to use it in the spherical joint like hips, shoulders and low distortion areas like pelvis and torso.

i will use fan bones and smartskin in high distortion areas like fingers, knees, elbows, ecc. (really a lot of work)

bye... Vincenzo

hip_test_side.mov

Hmm... My intetions... I havn't really thought about it, but I doubt they'd be anything you'd want to hear :P

Anyways, it seems like the upper leg bone is a bit low... Her butt migt need some smartskinning in order to avoid it from getting slimmer when her leg moves out to the side. Other than that: sassey!

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

ssslllooowww update, i know, but time is short.

some new images of the brand new body:

body001.jpg

body002.jpg

body003.jpg

and a little mute lip sinc sequence, she's a little robottish but it's a test.

http://www.tanassi.it/untitled.mov

this is encoded with the new H-264 Quicktime-Pro encoder, please let me know if you have trouble viewing it.

notes:

i have abandoned the classic "T" rest pose for a more relaxed "arrow tip" pose.

in the first tests of the shoulder (clavicula/deltoid/trapezium) movement i have experienced some problem with the "T" pose. hope to fix them with the new rest pose.

for the same reason i had turn the hand palm forward, in this way i don't have to turn 90° the splineage of the forearm.

enjoy B)

ciao... Vince

this is encoded with the new H-264 Quicktime-Pro encoder, please let me know if you have trouble viewing it.

While I can view the stills just fine, the Mov kicks me out of IExplorer (ver 6.0,SP2) after her head moves a bit (first couple of frames).

Otherwise, she's still beautiful (but shame on you for oiling her body like that) ah well...

"You Italians..."

Said the ugly American shaking his head slowly as he walks off wishing he could have (made) such a babe....

"sigh"

Welcome back Vince... The quality was worth waiting for.

Hi Oakchas,

thank you for appreciating her :) , yes i have to wash her skin and take off a little of oil :lol:

may be we'll have a shower together :rolleyes:

about the .MOV file, i have experienced the kickoff too in both IE and Netscape.

try R-click and "save link target", it works and see it off line.

bye... Vince

hi guys,

sorry for the probs, i'll substitute the .mov file asap with a sorenson3 codec but it takes 40Mb vs the 500Kb of the H-264 codec (very strong reduction :o ).

eventually i'll reduce the size to have a more human download time.

in this moment my site is down (i don't know why) as soon i can i'll do it.

ciao... Vince

WOW i became a Master! 10 squares, cannot belive!

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,

i'm doing a sort of story board animatic or so and i've sketched some images to use in.

they will be combined with zoom or pan to create an illusion of motion.

i'll show them here.

concept-01.jpg

phonemes.jpg

sketch-01.jpg

sketch-02.jpg

sketch-03.jpg

sketch-04.jpg

sketch-05.jpg

sketch-06.jpg

while you look at the images listen to this

http://www.tanassi.it/singer/DianaKrall-Th...ostblue-CUT.mp3

it's the score that She will sing.

enjoy B)

Vince

You know what I find most amazing about the A:M lip sync, sometimes you can actually figure out what they were saying if the artits is good enough. I may be wrong, but it looked like she said "I love you ...." couldn't make out the last word, but that is great posing. The model looks great as well, looking forward to seeing her in action, singing.

James

thank you guys,

You know what I find most amazing about the A:M lip sync, sometimes you can actually figure out what they were saying if the artits is good enough. I may be wrong, but it looked like she said "I love you ...." couldn't make out the last word, but that is great posing. The model looks great as well, looking forward to seeing her in action, singing.

you're not so far... in the mute anim she says: love me! (and smiles)

bye... Vincenzo

• 2 weeks later...

hi, thank all as always,

i was thinking that, because the title of the song is "Almost Blue", i could give her a blue look with lips, eyes and nails painted blue... may be it's a bad idea. <_< red is better :)

I'm interested to know how you did her hair? I know it's primitive, but how did you shape it?

yes the hairs are very provisional, they are simple patches mapped with something that would resamble like a hair map, i experienced some trouble mapping, the cookie-cut is too chunky, the transparence does not work well (i don't know why), reflection does almost the job but something is missing, i have to make something for the tips of the hair bangs now they are too abruptly cutted. i'm also thinking to use the A:M hair but i already know that i will regret (and my computer too). Hair is too time consuming, and the hair i want must be very thin and soft. other model i have seen had hairs thick like spaghetti (and i want them only in my dish) and rigid as spaghetti not enough cooked :lol:

in the attached images you can see the patches hair and what kind of hair i speaking about.

ciao... Vincenzo

post-109-1133219047_thumb.jpg

post-109-1133219084_thumb.jpg

Keep the classy look. Red lipstick & red nail polish will contrast nicely against her blue dress.

I agree about using the hair feature, it's time consuming and my computer gets cranky. I guess maps/decals is the way to go.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Laters.

One more thing, in the pic with the red lipstick, could you show the lighting positions and what kind of lights?

I took a closer look and was impressed with the light reflecting on her face.

Thanks.

Hi Dhar,

One more thing, in the pic with the red lipstick, could you show the lighting positions and what kind of lights?

I took a closer look and was impressed with the light reflecting on her face.

about the lighting... it's the standard lightset of the choreography, may be i have moved some light in a more convenient place... ah, i have placed a white point light on the back to contrast with the key light.

in the attached image you'll see the setup.

bye... Vincenzo

post-109-1133372161_thumb.jpg

hi all,

and now... she's dressed, i know you did prefer her naked (me too) but i cannot push her on the stage as mom made her (or dad?) :lol: .

now that i look her better, what do you think about tighten the upper part of the dress, to squeeze more her breast?

singer-w-dress-n-shoes.jpg

bye... Vincenzo