Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Singer

tanassi

Hi all,

i would like to show you a little (?!) job i'm working on.

"She" is a jazz singer singing the song Harlem Blues performed by Branford Marsalis q-tet whit the voice of Cinda Williams.

I hope to reach the end of this job considering that i'm doing that in my spare time.

it is at a very primitive stage but critics are anyway welcome.

bye... Vincenzo

edit: many early images was removed, the hot stuff begins from page 3 hot stuff

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She: do you want to decide to gimme some eyes, or not!?

Me: OK, OK, i'll give you... it's right now.

She: and the eyelashes? you forget the eyelashes!

Me: OK, next step eyelashes, OK?

She: make it soon!

Me: OK, my love.

I think she looks great. She has a toughness to her, like Liza Minelli that's been through too many men.

Will you use porcelain on her to soften her a bit?

How much of the song will she be singing? Best of luck with it.

Doug

Hi Doug,

thanks for thr whishes and for appreciating her, i would like to avoid porcelain if possible, i'll try to eliminate artifacts working on the geometry.

and i would like to sweet her face a little bit (no more then a lil bit).

i'm planning to make hes sing the whole song, look at the movie MO' BETTER BLUES by Spike Lee, almost at the end of the movie ther's the song Harlem Blues, the performance of Cinda Williams is awesome, it's a good reference for my animation.

anyway i would reach a good quality face and then contunue with the body.

bye... Vince

hi guys,

thanks for the comments, this make me work on "her" more faster.

Bye... Vince

soon more pics and perhaps some anim

She: it's time, this makeup sucks! and what about the hair?

She: Ahhh, eyelashes finally!

I want real hair now! :angry:

me: okay, honey, all your wish is an order for me. :rolleyes:

oh boys, she drive me crazy: did you seen what happens when you fall in love with your creature? :D

Bye... Vince

That's not a blink! She's batting her eyes at me! The longer I drag the playhead back and forth through the first quarter of the .mov, the longer she bats her eyes at me! I like it!

(Is her head mostly grey, or is that shadow behind her face?

Very nice... thanks for sharing... now back to my/your adoring lady friend....

btw: someone know how to rotate patch tangecy of CPs when in smart skin?

I have experienced that while in smartskin it's possible to move CPs, change magnitude of a CP with the manipulator (the yellow line with the the square at the end), but also using the rotate manipulator the rotation is not allowed, altough the rotating icon appears (two curved arrows) :blink:

any help is appreciated.

bye... Vince

The magnitude, alpha and gamma values can be read directly from the show manipulator properties dialog panel (top toolbar) or the standard properties menu. Values can be typed that effect a single control point or the entire group selection and or model. So you have to be careful in it's use.

The inside and outside magnitude can be set directly on the properties menu. This feature is restricted for peeked CPs and allows for a higher level of adjustment in mechanical modelling.

My apiologies in advance if this is not what you are asking for.

thanks Doug,

now i have to do something for that hair.

btw: i'm modeling the body and experienced some strangeness in displaying objects.

truly i have heard in some other post the same thing.

the fact:

it happens that, when i'm in modeling or bone viewport, my model disappear partially or totally, seems to be cutted away by a clipping plane parallel to the viewport plane, when i'm in modeling or boning and i rotate the view or zoom in, the geometry disappear gradually as a clipping plane is moving forward or backward.

the rotoscope and bones remain visible! i have this problem both in Direct3D and OpenGL.

I have a P4 2.0 GHz, 512 Mb, matrox G550 with 32Mb, perhaps is a lack of video memory.

I noticed that this problem appears in models developed mostly in one axis. example: when i work on the head it doesn't show any problem. in the same project when i work on the body (that is mostly developed on the Y axes i've got the problem (the model disappear progressively or completely while i rotate view or zoom in).

i think it's video card problem, but i have installed the last driver few weeks ago, the software mode doesn't work at all to me, it results in black viewport only. i don't think it is an onion skin effect, ther's no transparency, the model is abruptly cutted out by a cutting plane parallel to the viewport plane and all is from one side or other side (depends as you turn) of the plane become invisible, rather i think there are two planes one near the observer and one beyond the object, when you turn or zoom the object intersects these planes and only the part of object between the planes remains visible.

see the attached images

bye... Vince

• 1 month later...

Vince,

I came in here a couple time but never left a note.

I find your model quite attractive and I like the hair the way you did them. This is really a haircut for a jazz singer of the beatnick times.

I think you could probably use your model as is with the hair the way they are. You could add motion to the hair with dynamic or even animate the motion and just applying a suitable texture on them. This would enforce the style already there.

But if you use v11, I encourage you to use the v11 hair. You could reproduce the same haircut and get real hair.

thank you Yves,

i'm trying to post a little lipsync animation, tryng to stay under 1Mb :)

the hair are provisional just to have something to cover the head :D

i have seen the hair feature r.11 but they seem too rigid, and have very thin hair i think will be very overloading for the processor. i'm trying use some patches mapped with real hair photos.

stay tuned.

Bye... Vince

Hm. That doesn't read very well to me. Here's what I see off the bat:

"OO" in You- initial pose in fact, is completely missing. She hsould be hitting this pose, IMO even before she has her first sound- I might even hit it 12 or so frames before and then move hold it as she comes into her voice.

Too many poses hit in "can never tell". way too many.

"W" in "what's in a man's mind" is missing. Too many poses again in the "what's in" part. I'd use 3: "W" "TS" "N" and the vowels are the transitions. Looks like you may have tried to hit vowel poses. And the lips should NOT pull away to an "E" on "M" in "man's."

Did another open pose for "mind" too. Close her lips.

• 11 months later...

Very nice modeling! Just enough detail and accuracy to be believable but not overloaded with photorealistic expectation.

You should try porcelain with this model. It will smooth out some of the waviness in certain areas. Any chance for a new wireframe view?

Keep updating!

Jim

Amazing model.

The only tiny criticism I could make is in regards to the close up view of the hands. The hands are very beautiful... however... for some reason the pinky looks too skinny.

Very small criticism.

Vernon "!" Zehr