sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Norway?

robcat2075

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys. I am okay, and as far as I know, all my family is safe. I have been watching the news 24/7 the last couple of days, and I just cant believe what I am seeing. It is absolutely shocking

• Admin

Very tragic.

'Nine years in the making' will have everyone second guessing themselves and wondering why they didn't see some hint of his plan.

The manifesto he published obviously demonstrates how committed he was to murdering innocents.

If I understand this correctly this attack had Active Shooter elements in it that represents a growing trend where armed cowards strike against large groups who have no ability to defend themselves.

Very tragic.

'Nine years in the making' will have everyone second guessing themselves and wondering why they didn't see some hint of his plan.

The manifesto he published obviously demonstrates how committed he was to murdering innocents.

If I understand this correctly this attack had Active Shooter elements in it that represents a growing trend where armed cowards strike against large groups who have no ability to defend themselves.

The sad thing about it: It would be so easy to overcome one guy if all would work together... he would never ever kill that many people if we humans would be more worried about our people around us and not that much selffixated. I know I very likely would not be acting different in such a situation, but 10 people working together and being willing to give their lifes for the others and such a guy wouldnt stand a chance...

But what I really hate about these things (despite the absolutly asshole (sorry, but he is one...) who does such things) is the media so... in Africa there are still the cruelest things happening to children, women and men with hundreds of death, raping and don't know what more each day but when did you hear about that the last time in the media at primetime? It all about shocking news... and like that these guys get what they want...

Nevertheless: I am very sorry for anyone who lost somebody and I hope he gets what he deserves here or in the next life...

See you

*Fuchur*

The sad thing about it: It would be so easy to overcome one guy if all would work together... he would never ever kill that many people if we humans would be more worried about our people around us and not that much selffixated. I know I very likely would not be acting different in such a situation, but 10 people working together and being willing to give their lifes for the others and such a guy wouldnt stand a chance...

In the abstract world you are correct and we all like to think this but in reality the primal urge for self preservation runs too deep.

But sometimes people can unite and say "No, we will not let you do this" and rise above their fear. As the passengers of United Airlines, Flight 93 did in 2001. But I suspect they were older and had more life experiences to call upon.

It takes a very focused mind in a conflict situation to see the overall situation. Its one of the main reasons why the military spend so much time and effort in training, to overcome that desire for self preservation, so that troops can remain effective.

They say man attacking them was dressed as a police officer, a figure of authority and trust, who you would normally turn to in such a situation. So no, I am not surprised at the reactions of those poor young victims, they were frightened and confused.

The families of all those poor victims have my deepest sympathies.