Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

What is it?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy from the old anti polluting commercial standing alongside the rode crying...

Actually I like the test pattern vote...looked at a lot of those with my dad as a kid while he repaired all of the neighborhoods old tv sets. Remember vacuum tubes?

• Hash Fellow
The guy from the old TV test patterns?

Ding, ding, ding! That's exactly right.

Or at least it's my distilled version of him.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't fooling myself about whether it looked like anything.

• Hash Fellow

Testing... Testing... Here's a TV test pattern made entirely from procedural materials.

testpattern.jpg

The Indian head is one material, the grayscale bar is one and everything else is another material.

These are all made from spherical, grid and gradient combiners

It would be possible to combine them all into one material but the graybar complicates that quite a bit.

Remember vacuum tubes?

I used to stand over the back of the TV set just to smell 'em!

umm... they have rehab programs for that! I can remember neighbors knocking on our door asking for dad to come and fix the "boob tube" for them, and dad following them out the door with a monster size tool box. A few hours later he'd come home, a few bucks in his pocket and a happy neighbor. Ah, the 70's...what a time!

Very, very cool Robcat! AND, lest we forget...very, very cool---A:M! I would second the request for a 'show-n-tell' on that.

I ALSO REMEMBER when the TV would go 'on the fritz' taking all the tubes out, marking them so you remember where they go, and taking them up to the Drug Store where they would have a vacuum tube testing station. You would test them one by one, and if they all tested OK...then it was something else and you needed a new TV.