Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A Victory

glenn

Hi All

This a model I have been working on for the last wee while, it's going to be a Victory motorcycle. I have started to add some colour to the model and I'm in the process of making the metallic/pearl paint for the tank and rear fender. All crits welcome, this is the first time I've attached pictures to a topic to I apologoise in advance if they don't turn out right.

Glenn

post-5862-1234024834_thumb.jpg

post-5862-1234024905_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one suggestion would be to bevel the edges of the 90° corners. There's a few shapes that look like they have bare corners

Thanks Robcat

Most of the components have got bevels on them and your right they don't stand out. I'm going to round them all and try to tweek thenm to make them more pronounced. As for the others the ones without bevels, well i'm going to put them down to modeling on lazy days(bad habit), they, may take longer to sort out.

Glenn

That's the engine in place. I should point out that these are separate models, that I have working on for the passed six months. I am now bringing all the models together to construct the bike. the next bit will be the wheels.

Glenn

post-5862-1234056758_thumb.jpg

post-5862-1234056784_thumb.jpg

post-5862-1234056798_thumb.jpg

Nice detail and economical splining. :)

Thanks paul

Sometimes I think theres to much detail, the patch count is very high, but thats ok as I don't think this model will ever be animated. its more of an experimental exercise for me, I had great fun using sweeper for the first time on a lot of the components.

Glenn

Ok, stand sorted. This is the latest version with colour and decals added, I'm not too happy with the colours they need abit of tweeking, and I think the lighting could be improved, the lighting at the moment is the standard chor lighting with minor adjustment. If anyone knows of a good tutorial on lighting please guide me in the right direction.

Ta Glenn

post-5862-1234226828_thumb.jpg

post-5862-1234226847_thumb.jpg

post-5862-1234226916_thumb.jpg

post-5862-1234226982_thumb.jpg

Great model. You've obviously got some 3D background. Have you splined before?

THanks Ken

My back ground is pure A:M, It started with a free cd bundled with a Pyro video card, purchased with my first computer in 2000. I thought, What! All this on one cd, you can make movies and its free, must be a mistake, but it's wasn't.

I've sent the next nine years learning A:M, I've hardly scratched the surface of the potential of this programme, but its be great fun. Still not made a movie yet, maybe this is the year to make a short. My next project, i think, is to complete the exercises in Toa:M, I have done some of them years ago. So I really should complete them and get the certificate.

To get a more realistic paint finish you will need to add a skydome, or a blurred reflection map, so that there is something to reflect

Hi Paul

I know skydomes but not blurred reflection maps, are they the same as enviroment maps.

Ta Glenn

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments. There is no CP weighting done on the Knight model, as yet. I have had some real problems with the shoulder amrour and the chain mail skirt which I am still working on. Then maybe I'll get around to sorting the CP's, and adding face poses etc. Time is'nt always an easy thing to find.

Incidentally, the Knight model has been in conception for about 30+ years, my younger brother first sketched him in the late 70's, and I didn't start to model him untill about 2002 shortly after I obtained my first copy of A:M. I think it is about time I got him finished.

I was going to put the Knight model up as a WIP, but I think you would all get bored waiting for him to get finnished.

Glenn