Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Honda Rebel 250

I just recently bought a 2004 Honda Rebel 250 motorcycle. Sold my Yamaha Vino 125 scooter and am now riding the Rebel.

I started modelling the bike for three reasons. The first, is that I am learning how the darned thing is actually put together. The second is that come the winter months, I want to repaint it to make it more visible and distinctive. I also want to try any modifications to the bike first on a 3D model before implementing it on the real thing.

So, I am modelling it from the ground up, which is satisfying the first reason for modelling the bike. The 34 Ford I was working on is going to have to wait a while until this project is done.

C&C always welcome.

Thanks...

Al

The real bike...

honda_rebel250.jpg

WIPs...

rebel250_0.jpg rebel250_1.jpg

Wireframes...

rebel250_wire_0.jpg rebel250_wire_1.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking to upgrade myself, and saw the Honda rebel as being very tempting. How much did you sell your scooter?

I am tempted by the movie "Ironman" to paint my bike those same color scheme.

Thanks everyone.

I sold my 2005 Yahama Vino 125 scooter for $2,000 CAD certified. Didn't require anything to certify it either. Bought the Rebel for $3,000 CAD. My Rebel also came with around $400 of extra options on it (windshield, soft saddle bags and backrest/sissybar). I am around 5'11" tall and weigh around 230 lbs. The Rebel 250 is comfortable to ride and will easily do over 70 mph. I am also getting 76 mpg in the city and 103 mpg on the highway!

As for paint schemes, I have read about people painting their bikes to look like Police bikes. Apparently, drivers can spot a Police vehicle from miles away!

Al

That is one beautiful motorcycle Al. It looks like you'll be doing a great job modeling it, but I wouldn't spend too much time drawing it when you can actually ride it ;)

I totally agree about being out riding Luuk. It's just the weather this weekend has been cold and rainy, so today is modelling and laundry day! And before anyone makes the obvious comment, no I do not model the laundry around the house.... :D

Quick update. Started working on the front wheel, no tread on the tire yet, will do that later.

Al

Quick update:

Added rear tire, still no tread on them though. Add disc rotor to front wheel. Dang that was hard to model. Spent most of the day on the rotor (still too cold outside to ride).

C&C always welcome...

Al

rebel250_1.jpg rebel250_0.jpg

• Admin

Looking great thus far! Can I borrow some of your patience?

I'm learning a lot from all those who have been posting their detailed work here in the forum.

Yours is no different.

Thats a mighty fine ride.

Thanks everyone.

One of these days, I should really learn how to use booleans. :P

Another update. Added fenders, gas tank and shocks. After seeing how the rear fender is attached, I am glad that I decided not to carry passengers! Doesn't seem to be too much supporting where the passenger would sit.

Thanks...

Al

Latest update:

Started working on the engine and exhaust. Really helps to have the real thing sitting out in the driveway. I keep running out and taking measurements and photos to use as reference. :lol:

Still have lots to do on this model like lights, seats, handle bars, foot pegs, and more and more.....

C&C always welcome...

Al

Thanks everyone.

Damn....I keep missing good threads. Nice model! And nice bike too. Is it efficient on petrol/gas? Might get one.

Yes, the Rebel 250 is great on gas! Keep in mind these numbers are in Canadian gallons, which are a big bigger than U.S. gallons. In the city, I am getting 76 miles per gallon and on the highway I am getting 103 miles per gallon. It is a blast to ride as well! It will cruise along at 60 mph with no problems and have had it up to nearly 80 mph.

Al

Thanks Eric. I am modelling this mainly to try out different mods to the real bike. Not sure what type of scene would be suitable for a bike like this. I am open to suggestions...

Thanks XTaz. Never even considered the mechanical contest for the bike. I don't think I would be able to get it finished in time. Still have so much to do, carbs, finish the brakes, shifter, tranny, chain drive, gas line, instrumentation, turn signals, finish the tires and more...

Anyway, here is another update...

C&C always welcome...

Al

• Hash Fellow

that's a spiffy lookin' bike. I guess "dirtying it up " for realism woudl be cool.

It is a blast to ride as well! It will cruise along at 60 mph with no problems and have had it up to nearly 80 mph.

Not sure what type of scene would be suitable for a bike like this. I am open to suggestions...

How about a scene on a highway, where all the background is a blur zooming by? Put a generic humanoid model on as the rider, but keep him in wireframe with the realistic bike showing thru. That way the pic will still be about the bike.

I had a co-worker that would speed on the road doing wheeling at 90mph. I gave him a stern lecture on safety equal love, because he just got engage to a lovely woman. 2 days later he was dead on the road wiping out on a corner, and he did not hit any vehicle. His Fiance made it to the accident scene in time to hear his last word. The ambulance crew knew that he be dead if they pick him up.

I can't stress enough, "love equal safety"

If someone loves you, then be safe so you can stick around for them.

Anyway enjoy your bike and the freedom of the road, and saving gas.