Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Back again

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Any John carter of Mars inspiration there? Looks like the description of a Thoat. They are the martian equivalent of a horse used in the Edgar Rice Burroughs series. Looks cool so far.

Somehow like a Rancor... nice thing!

*Fuchur*

• 8 months later...

Update:

(Larger version)

Working on connecting the head to the arms. It's been through a lot of changes so far, but it's slowly getting to a point where I'm happy with it. I haven't put any detail work into the upper shoulders/back yet, just shaping it so far. And please don't mind the ribcage/shoulderblades...they're mainly placeholders for now.

monster3small.jpg

That's rocking. Just a general observation.....I don't know what look you're going for......but if the eyes were more forward facing (imagine that spot above the eyes being the eye area), it would make him appear more predatory. Eyes on the side of the head make animals look more dozy.

if the eyes were more forward facing (imagine that spot above the eyes being the eye area), it would make him appear more predatory. Eyes on the side of the head make animals look more dozy.

In real life, it is true that predators have evolved to have their eyes facing forward (better for hunting, focusing), while their prey do have their eyes on the sides of their head (larger field of view, better to see movement, and the predators coming).

WHOA! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-flashbacks! From yesterday.

That monster really reminds me of one of the monsters in the movie. Only it looks better! Love it. It's scary, it's scalyish and it has red eyes. I'm a big fan of small details and this monster has 'em. Monsterriffic.

Cheers,

J