Hash, Inc. Forums

RE: David Rogers AM 2006

vf124

Yes lord, I just ordered the new D. Rogers Book ... should be here tomorrow. :D After reading his A:M 2002, I had to have this one ...

IT's out?!?!?

Thanks for the post. I too have David's 2002 book and it's very good. I'll have to get the 2006 one too.

Jeetman

It will be out eventually...and I'm going to keep my eye out to see if anyone posts that they actually received it.

I just tried to order it at a Barnes and Noble...

They aren't taking ANY orders.

Said the distributer pushed back the date again and gave me the ISBN# and distibuters phone#

(800-842-3636)

Shipping estimate for these items: June 6, 2006

Delivery estimate: June 8, 2006 - June 12, 2006 1 "3D Toons : Creative 3D Design for Cartoonists and Animators"

Steve Anzovin; Paperback; $15.72

Sold by:Amazon.com

Shipping estimate for these items: June 6, 2006

Delivery estimate: June 12, 2006 - June 14, 2006 1 "Animation:Master: A Complete Guide"

David Rogers; Paperback; $31.47

Sold by:Amazon.com

It will be out eventually...and I'm going to keep my eye out to see if anyone posts that they actually received it.

I just tried to order it at a Barnes and Noble...

They aren't taking ANY orders.

Well, it appears mine shipped ... :lol:

[attachmentid=17174]

Mine shipped too...:D

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

Amazon.com items:

1 Animation:Master: A Comple... $31.47 1 $31.47

Item Subtotal: $31.47

Shipping & Handling: $2.49

Super Saver Discount $-2.49

Super Saver Discount $0.00

Total: $31.47

Good to know it's finally out! I've been waiting... impatiently. :D

I hope it makes it to my local bookstore. I don't like to order stuff if I don't have to. I guess I just don't like waiting for it to arrive.

By the way, Dhar, I bought that Anzovin book a few weeks ago. It's a good read! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Mine shipped too...:D

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:

Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

Amazon.com items:

1 Animation:Master: A Comple... $31.47 1 $31.47

Item Subtotal: $31.47

Shipping & Handling: $2.49

Super Saver Discount $-2.49

Super Saver Discount $0.00

Total: $31.47

Wow ... look what just showed up fm UPS :lol:

Cool! Does it come with two laptops?!?! :-)

Nope, just one ;) Anyhoo, I've been comparing it to the D. Rogers 2002 (since I've spent so much time in there) ...

I've decided it's a must for me to read it from the beginning to end ... especially since it's "sorta" tailored around A:M Versions 12 & early 13 2006 (& more).

So far, it's a really good read ... again, very classroom like. Just starting chap. 3, but I cheated & peaked thru all the chaps & graphics. You'll find some of the graphics are much better & well thought out. Certainly, not a re-HASH of 2002.

I'm extremely anxious to meet Polygozmo the evil (yet perfect) robot :D and Captain Splines ...

A:M 2006 is going to be a very good & very educational read for myself. A must have reference manual.

We may have to start a thread just for D. Rogers Questions.

My initial impression is also favorable--it's pretty much what I've been looking for at first glance. All the straight out technical stuff from the old fat A:M manual with tutorials that seem more illuminating than those in TAoAM o the Jeff Paries books. I might go back and revise this later, but so far, so very very good.

I'm glad some of you guys have gotten the book already. As for myself, I have had no luck. I went to both Barnes & Noble and Borders. In both places I was told the same thing... not only did they not have it in stock, but they were unable to order it! This was after I read about you guys ordering it and after B&N.com had changed it from pre-order status to new.

I will check again when I get paid, and if they don't have it by then, I am ordering it online.

Anyone know where I can get this book in the UK?

There's one on Amazon.co.uk but is a used copy (?????) at a crazy £39.61!

Amazon UK isn't currently stocking it, it seems. Their "new & used" link takes you through to copies available from other companies that operate through Amazon UK. If you read the small print on those items you'll see that they're described as brand new products, not used. And yes, those UK prices are a tad excessive, given the current USD/UKP exchange rate.

One thing I don't understand about it - the book says you need QuickTime 7 (for videos on the CD) but my CD dosen't have any videos on it (unlike his 2002 book). None that I can find, anyway.

I got it a couple of days ago and after reading about some of the new features in Yeti I sent in for the upgrade. The new features for group projects looks very exciting and are really what tipped the scales for me to get that new subscription CD. I look forward to the day when I'm good enough that I can work with others and make some money with this thing.

Mine arrived on Tuesday [ordered about four months ago]. Found that I was a little disappointed. Don't know what I expected, really. Maybe bunches of gem-like ideas and tips, but after all, it is basically the same book as A:M2004, updated.

I also feel that it reads better, but that might be that I'm more familiar with A:M. Needs more pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my copy yesterday! :D

I've just started reading it, but I've already learned a couple of new hotkeys. They may have been documented in other places, but I never noticed them until I got this book, so it's already been helpful to me. I'm sure the more advanced chapters will help me even more. Thanks David Rogers for writing this.