Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Nummi & Ruzzlelini

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of animal is he?

Uh...he?...Ruzzlelini...ahem...is...um..ah...a She. And she's supposed to be a raccoony-ish type. A master gardener, opera star and flamenco dancer on the side. The middle character Nummi (a he), is supposed to be a hedgehoggy doofus. Smitten by Roozle.

Anyhow that lets me know that Roozle needs more work to make it obvious that she is a raccoonette. She's still in progress. Thanks for the feedback, it's good to have fresh eyes...

ruzzlefannoflowers2pose1gamma0.png

No, I meant the spiky creature in the center. My guess was hedgehog?

Ah yes, indeedy...as I said above:

The middle character Nummi (a he), is supposed to be a hedgehoggy doofus. Smitten by Roozle.

Roozle still needs work. So does Nummi.

I had created Nummi in 2011, shown here with Mary Agnes & the Hickenloopers band. I have some other new/old quirky characters in mind to create/revive/modify, that could also potentially show up.

TheHickenloopers.jpg

I was about to start on a new bird-like creature (maybe a goofy stellar jay thing) and came across an old "peacock" model.

This wasn't what I had in mind for now, but of course I got distracted trying it out with Fakeao, and different texturing/color schemes. Model needs re-rigging to be useable.

RougeBlancBleuCompressed.jpg

Edited by NancyGormezano

I was about to start on a new bird-like creature (maybe a goofy stellar jay thing) and came across an old "peacock" model.

This wasn't what I had in mind for now, but of course I got distracted trying it out with Fakeao, and different texturing/color schemes. Model needs re-rigging to be useable.

Really amazing Nancy... I especially like the hair-style of them and of course the character you give them is really amazing too!

See you

*Fuchur*

What sort of animal is he?

Uh...he?...Ruzzle...ahem...is...um..ah...a She. And she's supposed to be a raccoony-ish type. A master gardener, opera star and flamenco dancer on the side. The middle character Nummi (a he), is supposed to be a hedgehoggy doofus. Smitten by Ruzzle.

Anyhow that lets me know that Ruzzle needs more work to make it obvious that she is a raccoonette. She's still in progress. Thanks for the feedback, it's good to have fresh eyes...

Well, if I might make a suggestion Nancy about Ruzzlezini too. As she is an opera star and flamenco dancer, I think maybe she needs a bit more "décolletage" like the Peacocks in your last post. That would definitely solve any uncertainty's about gender!

Well, if I might make a suggestion Nancy about Ruzzlezini too. As she is an opera star and flamenco dancer, I think maybe she needs a bit more "décolletage" like the Peacocks in your last post. That would definitely solve any uncertainty's about gender!

"décolletage" - Yes indeedy, my thoughts as well. I had in mind to add modest bumps, along with more accoutrèments (mantilla, shoes, shawl, ruffled skirt, castenets). A ruffled skirt will be hard to animate with that bushy tail however - so I may wimp out.

FYI: Around here, we say "boob job" so that JohnMattBigBooteCampbell will understand what we're talking about... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. Now that image contest is over, I'm guessing, I thought I would post a stereo 3D shot of one of my entries. I was prompted by Robert a coupla days back to see what it might look like.

Looks like pop-up layers to me.

Get out your red/blue glasses. I found I could only stomach the anaglyphic grey with defaults render setting.

And for those of you who can view cross-eyed (not me), here's the left and right images, I don't know how to put them together. You're on your own.

Finalstereocross_L0.png

Finalstereocross_R0.png

Finakl300stereo960x720Grey0.png

Edited by NancyGormezano

• Hash Fellow

Here's a proper Cross-eye arrangement:

CrossEye.jpg

Here's a Mirror3D that almost anyone can view.

Display the image on screen in front of you and hold a mirror between your eyes with the mirror side facing left. Then look towards the right image and adjust the mirror so that what your right eye is seeing and what your left eye is seeing in the mirror align.

A front surface mirror would be ideal, but a clean hand mirror with minimal frame will do.

Mirror3D.jpg

Display the image on screen in front of you and hold a mirror between your eyes with the mirror side facing left. Then look towards the right image and adjust the mirror so that what your right eye is seeing and what your left eye is seeing in the mirror align.

A front surface mirror would be ideal, but a clean hand mirror with minimal frame will do.

uh...well..uh...I can get the images to align (sorta) but I don't get any sense of added dimensionality. I think the problem might be that I have a significantly stronger one side eyeball signal, and my brain does not register the other side. I think my right side is dominant (not sure).

It's true that most of the depth is behind the main characters, and the low camera angle confuses the perception of depth.

There are plenty of elements in front of main characters. The camera may be too far from the first elements for this composition to work in stereo, or my settings may have not been appropriate for rendering this composition in stereo.

For the normal NOT stereo render, I find it too busy, confusing, but not flat. I was trying to portray these characters in an environment where the vegetation and buggies were way larger than them. I feel like it would have worked better if I had eliminated, rearranged things. Sometimes I don't know when to stop.

I'm not interested in re-arranging anything so that a stereo image works better. For the grey stereo render, I found that the settings gave plenty of depth.

I also have a fondness for 2D primitive folk art, and most of my hand done "real" paintings reflect that bias. I really don't get stereo 3D.

But I've always wanted to do a flat pop-up cardboardy looking 3D animation with flat looking paper cutout characters. I started to do something like that a long time ago as shown here - something I illustrated for a story done by Tyrone White (who learned to read as an adult in Project Read up in San Francisco).

StarryNight.jpg

OneKoolKeepernosign0_copy.jpg

Edited by NancyGormezano