Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The little raindrop that couldn't

• Hash Fellow

Every now and then I get a call out of the blue from someone who wants me to be part of their project. These usually don't go anywhere and this is one of them.

Anyway, this guy wants to make a movie, for money, using A:M! I read the screenplay, it's got problems but the core concept is a cute one.

The main characters are water drops. What will that even look like? I made a quick test for him of what that might be and since there was never an NDA involved... here it is:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
the eyes will win with something to bring more focus to them but you're probably all over it. what a charming, endearing walk!

Yeah, the eyes are just a decal, I was trying to make them appear as another specular highlight. Eyes were a bit of a problem for the concept. I don't think actual eyeballs floating in the water would work. But it's a problem for the ages now...

Very neat design of the raindrop!

As a curiosity, is this character called "Dewy the raindrop"?

Many years ago (10?) - I was approched by publisher to do sample illustrations for children's book of that name - which told the story of what happened to raindrops (starting in clouds, falling to earth, ice, etc) - nothing ever came of it, as I got tired of doing revisions for free - I'm wondering if this is the same children's story.

• Hash Fellow
As a curiosity, is this character called "Dewy the raindrop"?

Many years ago (10?) - I was approched by publisher to do sample illustrations for children's book of that name - which told the story of what happened to raindrops (starting in clouds, falling to earth, ice, etc) - nothing ever came of it, as I got tired of doing revisions for free - I'm wondering if this is the same children's story.

There's no connection I'm aware of. This character was called "Sail" (no, I don't know why) and there wasn't any "science" aspect to the story.