Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Trem do Pantanal 2020

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the character very much (especially the smoothness you got with the low amount of splineage) and the bird is very nice looking!

Keep up the good work!

If I had to change something I would rework the ears so they are a little more volumetric... more weighted.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

He looks good!

My one thought is that the splineage around the perimeter of the eyelids (bottom lid mostly) is irregularly spaced and may make eyelid shaping difficult.

Thanks for C&C friends .....

Looks great Marcos. Though, I'm not sure how well those 5pt patches, on the cheeks, will animate.

I don't intend to use dialogue in the animation .... I guess they will work fine. If they doesn't work I reshape the face... Thanks Mark

He looks good!

My one thought is that the splineage around the perimeter of the eyelids (bottom lid mostly) is irregularly spaced and may make eyelid shaping difficult.

I'll check them .. thanks Robert

• 2 weeks later...

FUN CHARACTER!

Just 2 observations: 1- his gray hair makes him look old but his clothes make him younger. 2- the 'taper-in' on his T-shirt suggests a feminine torso.

Other than that, LOVE the proportions and style- and can't wait to see what misadventure you have planned!

I didn't like the first version of Frank so I decided to innovate. The concept is, since the principle, to be a short with cartoon style so I finally decided what will be the design of modeling. It will be based on the new model of Frank. Characters, scenes, objects and props will have the same language. The rig proccess will be more complicated but I think that the result will be nice.

What do you think about it ?

minimal0.jpg

Interesting style, but why would be the riggprocess be more complicated?

I don't think it would make it more complicated unless there is something special Marcos wants the separate pieces of geometry to do...which might be the case.

I only spent about fifteen minutes on it, so it's not perfect in any way, but, here's an example of a segmented knee that only uses a thigh, calf and a standard knee fan bone which have some CP Weighting on them. Of course, everything about this leg could be done a lot better, but I think it illustrates that you could probably get what you're after using CP Weighting, Marcos. However, if the fan bones you are presently using are doing what you want, you could go that route as well.

Hope that helps.

segmented_knee.mov

• 4 weeks later...

First Frank movements ....

I used 2008 Rig ...

Mark.... I have a question ... the weights aren't properly copied to left side ( compare joints in the right and left elbow ) ... what could cause this ?

walk.mov

Usually that means you didn't use the right settings in the mirrorbones plugin. Are you using the most recent update (4/20/2011)? I did change the settings in the instructions in the last update. Others were having the same issue. Make sure every setting matches what I have in the instructions (that includes capital R & L in Right and Left). If you can post a screengrab of your settings, I could tell you what is wrong. I just rigged 6 characters for someone and had no issues.