sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

1955 Chevrolet 6500

Hi guys

I just want to show a small client project I have been working on. I have not put much work into the texturing and shading since it was not necessary. The model might not be proportionally correct since I only had photos to work with.

Let me know what you think

Best regards

Stian

chevy.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for the comments! I agree about the dirt, but since that was not a part of the request from the client, I didn't put much effort into it. Basically just threw some simple materials on it. I might revisit the model later, but not right now, just got my hands on some new drawings of the cathedral, and is therefore back on track on that project :)

The backdrop is an HDRI from Dosch Design, only the truck is 3D:

chevy_wire0.jpg

Very good modeling job as usual from you. There is only one critique, though, but it is not about the model, texturing and lighting. It is rather the way the truck is composited in the photo. The truck looks way too large. The road looks like a two lane road but the truck covers it completely. And also, in a photo, the horizon line is at eye level so the truck looks like a monster in there. Finally, the truck perspective does not match the photo perspective.

You are absolutely right Yves. I did struggle with the composition. I wasn't sure whether the road was one or two lane, based on the road in the background, the size of the gravel on the edge of the road and the tree, I figured it had to be single lane side road. The point about the horizon line is at eye level I've haven't thought of before, good point. Thanks