Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

So I made a talking tree.

TheSpleen

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey good job! The tree and face look great! I'd experiment more with the bark though. Maybe find a bark jpg and make a material bitmap? Here's an example of a quick bark material I made using the material plugin.

Here's a pic

tree_bark.jpg

Here's the project and model if interested.

tree_bark.zip

George

Dunno why it is neon.

Review your settings that you are using for the hair material, and post them. Most likely when you do that - you will figure it out. Be sure to let us know, so everyone can learn.

My guess is that you have specularity values (size, intensity) or brightness? set too high somewhere - in the hair material? in the emitter surface properties?, in the render shader? - and/or are using too unbalanced a color for the spec or diffuse...

the second to last green in the standard pallet.

er...yup...there's another clue...

Also, you may have "Brightness" set to "Brighten Facing Hairs."

With Hair, you often must adjust the brightness for your purposes.

And like Nancy hinted, maybe start with a darker green.

Cool tree face model. Looks like you are getting the hang of spline continuity!

That is a terrific character, Gene! :)

I'm still trying to watch Two Trains all the way through but I always get cut off about half way through in whatever browser I use.

must be a problem on your end.

nobody else seems to have that problem.

if you have yahoo messenger I would be happy to send you the mp4

Hey good job! The tree and face look great! I'd experiment more with the bark though. Maybe find a bark jpg and make a material bitmap? Here's an example of a quick bark material I made using the material plugin.

Here's a pic

tree_bark.jpg

Here's the project and model if interested.

tree_bark.zip

George

it made the tree so rough the face kinda disappeared.

but I did try it.

Thanks. :D

Ya know the bark material that made the face disappear may just need to be scaled down. that's a swell model and character. Even the roots seem to have attitude!

Remember though that trees don't *need* to be brown, and you could lighten up the bark color quite a lot and not lose anything. I think it would improve actually.

Good work, Gene! I like the squirrel and the tree and his friends look really good. I think I might agree with Gerry, though, I think you could lighten the brown of the bark a little and his features would stand out a bit better.

Great squirrel jump!

You keep improving in all areas. :D

Nice feel and yes - tis better with the sunlight - would also be fun to see the tree sway to the music

Thanks Nancy!

Yes I have thought about making it sway. I would love to finish this but it is copyrighted.

as the song went on I would have more and more critters come into frame all swaying in tandem.