Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Super Mario Film

Nunsofamerica

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, don't save the materials make a project file embed every thing (project->embed all). every thing will be stored in the project file but pictures.save the project file to the same file with all the pictures used in it. then make a zip file (right click->new-> Zip archive) then put all the files in there. not after that there are two options goto box.net and get an account there and upload it then link it to nuns, or just upload it here(depending on the file size).

Hi,

I'm a AM newb but I've been working on 3d with milkshape3d (very cheap program) and programming games which I got bored to do so I wanted to do more 3d so purchased AM.

Is there anything I can do to help in that project? I wanna start a character!

thanks

Dominic Michaud

Goomba update:

post-8837-1170359609_thumb.jpg

(perspective is on BTW)

The mouth will be reshaped to fit the teeth next. Then eye tweaking, then boning.

The eye's on the 'official' goomba are slightly inside his head. Would you like that?

Any other suggestions? Eyebrow down? Eyes up?

I love how being part of a group motivates me to get my work done. ;)

Goomba update:

post-8837-1170359609_thumb.jpg

(perspective is on BTW)

The mouth will be reshaped to fit the teeth next. Then eye tweaking, then boning.

The eye's on the 'official' goomba are slightly inside his head. Would you like that?

Any other suggestions? Eyebrow down? Eyes up?

I love how being part of a group motivates me to get my work done. ;)

looking good, keep up the good work

Here is how Boo looks,

tell me what I should change on him

boo.jpg

hey it actually looks pretty good

if you can try and give us a pic of just the wireframe and shaded+wireframe

the arm stubs area where you connected need some changes they are kinda i dont know

just where you attached them and the tail look funny

any body want to try and help me with what i am trying to say because i dont know what i am saying

howdy tido,

on the top corners of the mouth. You're getting creasing there because this spline (purple):

post-8837-1170449691_thumb.jpg

looks like it doesn't have anywhere to go. That and the resulting 5-point patch creates an ugly patch. I've learned that one first hand. >_<

I would suggest adding a CP about where I've circled with blue. Then sticking a spline from purple to blue and repeat on the other side. And maybe adding a cp on his nose to connect the two.

It also looks lake another spline, from inside the mouth, is missing an outlet. Even if it's only a spline that sticks out and looks silly, it won't show up in the render!

Goomba Update:

post-8837-1170449947_thumb.jpg

I think I'm finished with the modeling stage. Would you like the model now or should I make a couple of walk cycles and make him talk? I'll make sure that the eyes move properly first.

Hi,

Actually, the CP you pointed is linked to something:post-8345-1170451219_thumb.jpg

and the cp comming fron the inside of the model is used to give an initial curve to the tooth and will not show at render (it's the lazy way to do it)

torque is here for those who are new im connor [a.k.a] (case) torque is stepping up the ladder with all the new releses of develpment tools soon nuns very soon i will be able to get everything i need!

cool. We still need yoshi and mario and luigi modeled though. I am working on other stuff for the project at the moment. we need someone to take up the challenge

well crap what are we going to do now? i just want to be clear with this but did you get them and you are not telling me? i don't want to think that you got them and saying you didn't because you don't like them. just wanted to be clear on that. sorry. btw when are we going to start writing on the script i am really wanting to do that

I hope I dont have to introduce this character (if you don't know what it is, I might just stop modelling 3d)

dont talk to me about the ear, very eary stage (so hard to attach to the head) and also some work to do on the nose

post-8345-1170476743_thumb.jpg

Hey,

Great Start!!!

the hat is the best.

The nose needs to be shaped up a little. I suggest starting with a sphere and going into distortion mode distortion.JPG

and using that to make the shape and then attach it. other wise just touch up some areas and it will be ok

just check with nuns though

he is the main person here

when does the hair come in at

well crap what are we going to do now? i just want to be clear with this but did you get them and you are not telling me? i don't want to think that you got them and saying you didn't because you don't like them. just wanted to be clear on that. sorry. btw when are we going to start writing on the script i am really wanting to do that

dont get so uptight man! geeze. that kind of attitude will get you kicked from the project. they are wonderful. I just didn't recieve them in a mdl file for some strange reason

Hey,

Look at the new look of my mario!

Complete new ear! (it would have been too hard to fix the old one)

also changed the general shape of the face for bigger cheeks, new chin and complete new nose (I love plastic surgery)

post-8345-1170522514_thumb.jpg

Plz, if you see me online, tell me to go study!

Hey,

Look at the new look of my mario!

Complete new ear! (it would have been too hard to fix the old one)

also changed the general shape of the face for bigger cheeks, new chin and complete new nose (I love plastic surgery)

post-8345-1170522514_thumb.jpg

Plz, if you see me online, tell me to go study!

I think the overall head shape of this version is much better. Great ear. The hat is looking good, just that one spot on the side where there is an out of place fold.

The temple (and other areas) need to be smoothed out. If you don't want to take the time to detail the eye sockets i think that you could just make it flat and buldge the eyes out.

lastly, make sure that when you are done with the model that the mouth is in the right shape. It should be in the default shape for the character, which is usually a closed shape. That makes it easier to animate