Hash, Inc. Forums

Super Mario Film

Nunsofamerica

I spent some time trying to smooth mario and it aint getting better than this. I don't get it, the splines seem very smooth but, to the render, they aren't much. If you guys don't like it, I suggest that someone else could finish the face.

post-8345-1170651158_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent some time trying to smooth mario and it aint getting better than this. I don't get it, the splines seem very smooth but, to the render, they aren't much. If you guys don't like it, I suggest that someone else could finish the face.

post-8345-1170651158_thumb.jpg

I'll give it a try if you want to send me the .mdl

yep. It's getting there, tido. just ask yourself; "Is this spline necessary to achieve the proper shape?"

also, i am glad you want to help us on the project. but intead of peach, can you model luigi? its more needed.
It might be easier to edit Mario to Luigi's shape than to model a whole new character. It just might take more time. (Mario would have to be finished before you could make Luigi) They would probably look more like brothers that way.

sorry for my spelling and stuff to. i am posting from my wii

You lucky duck! :P

Goomba update:

The sideways walk.

goombasidewalk.mov

I would be easy enough to slow down if you think he's going too fast. (MAN those goombas have short strides :lol:)

I'm going to take a short break to complete a TAoAM exercise. 2-3 days tops. ok?

Personaly, I think luigi is only a mario scaled on the y axe.

If you ask some1 else to model him, he could have some small differences and look strange but editing a bit the face, keeping the hat ans scaling the body should do it...

The game is going to use all of the actions you make so personally you guys need to try very hard to keep these actions top quality 3rd person games rule around the main character so Mario dont get carried away he needs to be top notch!

QUOTE(the_black_mage @ Feb 5 2007, 08:45 PM)

goombas don't take don't they just make sounds?

try the squash that would be cool.

ok, listen please. this movie is not going to be 100% based directly off the game. in the movie, he is going to talk. he is not going to get squashed either ok?

They talk in Paper Mario. :)

I'll do both, and the jump.

They talk in Paper Mario. :)

I'll do both, and the jump.

Good game. I love it. I cant wait for the new one on the wii. getting it first day it comes out. also. script is being written right now. part is done, still a bit to go. I will post it once its fully finished. thanks!

As you all know, the script has been beeing worked on. The point of this entire short film is to make people laugh. It will take the concepts of super mario and make a complete joke about it. Dont get me wrong, its not in a bad way :P Mario rocks! but the script has started to be written. If you have an issue with it, please bring it up. We will be happy to accomodate most things. Voices still need to be assigned. I will very soon be posting a list of whats needed for voices once script is fully completed. The format that the movie will be in is Takes. It will have a short funny clip, then the screne will go black and have white writing saying take 2. Then Take 2 will be something totally different and not relating to take 1. if you have questions be sure to ask

script.doc

For inspiration:NC Comics (Stands for neglected characters)

And even if you're not inspired, they're still funny. :)

There is this one I keep thinking of when I work on my goomba.

Goomba talking "MAN. This is like the easiest job ever! Walk to the left, walk to the right, and BOOM! Job security with dental."

And perhaps you should host auditions for the voices. ("OK, read this line, like mario, as if you are rolling down a hill backwards. Record and send to Mr. Director.")

For inspiration:NC Comics (Stands for neglected characters)

And even if you're not inspired, they're still funny. :)

There is this one I keep thinking of when I work on my goomba.

Goomba talking "MAN. This is like the easiest job ever! Walk to the left, walk to the right, and BOOM! Job security with dental."

And perhaps you should host auditions for the voices. ("OK, read this line, like mario, as if you are rolling down a hill backwards. Record and send to Mr. Director.")

Thats funny chrury, I wish I had more time to look over all of them. my friend makes stuff like that.

as for the voices, I will most likely be posting the audition requirements here once the script is done. We have to find a good voice for mario and luigi, you know. I think I might to the goomba, just the fact that I feel like it... lol. unless someone wants to try the line he speaks on the script and post it. who knows, you could be the one who gets it. lol.

Hey all, here is my progress for mario.Don't say it needs smooth, didn't start that yet, just finished the first modelling step

body.JPG

i would say to make him a little skinnier from the front view. he is not really fat. he just looks like that because luigi is really skinny.

his legs also need to be a little shorter. and the legs need to be a little fatter from the side view

but other than that and the smoothing of it it is very good

looking good there. Just don't forget that Mario's (and Luigi's) shoes have a sole. Example

Here's an update: A goomba jump test.

jumptest.mov

His pupils seem to disappear when he gets squished, but I think it works. Sorta gives that 'out for the count' look. Opinion?

Also, the eyebrows (unibrow?) aren't boned yet. Would you like them setup to bounce/wiggle?

I'll be doing a test on 'take 2' next.

Chrury Sanson, Over and OUT.

looking good there. Just don't forget that Mario's (and Luigi's) shoes have a sole. Example

Here's an update: A goomba jump test.

jumptest.mov

His pupils seem to disappear when he gets squished, but I think it works. Sorta gives that 'out for the count' look. Opinion?

Also, the eyebrows (unibrow?) aren't boned yet. Would you like them setup to bounce/wiggle?

I'll be doing a test on 'take 2' next.

Chrury Sanson, Over and OUT.

W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!

amazing. I love the jump and the sqash. very good. also for take 2, I have the models for what you need. mario is almost done too it seems, so it should be ready soon. Wonderful.