Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Super Mario Film

Nunsofamerica

lol, nice case. and for you tanman. start by only modeling 1 thing, then move on.

Here is an update so far on the piranha plant. I am having trouble with the mouth area. I don't know what to do there.

I was just messing around with the colored plant.

post-10457-1170013719_thumb.jpg

post-10457-1170014293_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly

i kept struggling with parts of the koopa but if you keep asking questions people here will answer. if i can help i will answer too. just keep trying and asking and it will all come together eventually.

Where is the primitive plug-ins? How do you use it?

here is the page

http://www.kci-group.com/z/plugins.htm

it is the 4th one down on the list

clik the primitive.zip link and then download it

then go to MY COMPUTER ------- C:-------Program Files--------Hash--------Clik the verion thing----------hxt and put the plugin in this folder.

you should be able to access this in your modeling window by right clicking and what not.

if not just ask us

here is the page

http://www.kci-group.com/z/plugins.htm

it is the 4th one down on the list

clik the primitive.zip link and then download it

then go to MY COMPUTER ------- C:-------Program Files--------Hash--------Clik the verion thing----------hxt and put the plugin in this folder.

you should be able to access this in your modeling window by right clicking and what not.

if not just ask us

totlover let's get on the community and chat

hey guys. sorry. I wont be able to chat with you. I just finished a guy for my dads business. Sparkle. I am very proud of it. I will post some progress on the scene soon. sorry.

man totlover i am really having a tough time with these models they keep coming out really weird. i need to see somebody modeling a character like yoshi or the piranha plant

actually glow looks better in a choreography and inside a scene. try putting the star in that stage i modeled for you with the glow on.

also i want you to know that all models with specularity in a stage scene needs a speculant only(diffuse or cast shadows off) light on them, the primary light should have specularity off.so the star in the scene needs its own speculant light, as well as the mountains... you don't need to worry about the specularity intensity though just change the light intensity.

actually glow looks better in a choreography and inside a scene. try putting the star in that stage i modeled for you with the glow on.

also i want you to know that all models with specularity in a stage scene needs a speculant only(diffuse or cast shadows off) light on them, the primary light should have specularity off.so the star in the scene needs its own speculant light, as well as the mountains... you don't need to worry about the specularity intensity though just change the light intensity.

you didn't model a stage for me

did we need mushrooms for the movie? here is one that i modeled we don't have to use it

does anybody have a good picture to use as a rotoscope for modeling turtle shells? i can't get mine shaped just right so it will look like a turtle shell

post-10457-1170111582_thumb.jpg

is this star better?

Can you make the star look more like the reference pic that Mage put up? I like the style of the projections being fatter with more volume. Also the peak on the projections looks a little odd.

post-10481-1170143309.jpg

Then there's the eye. You can see all the details in the reference. two highlights, one larger than the other that is colored differently for each character. Also if you select the spline around the edge of the eye and shade it to render as lines you can get that dark outline of the eye. Of course the eye detail is only important if we are going for an anime look?

post-10481-1170143421.jpg