sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

flash flood

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How exactly are you doing it?

Here's my water model. I just mozy it on down the canyon. The water model has a gradient material with one side a cell turb where the water starts to pour down and the other is a fractal turbulance but I probably could have made the whole thing a cell turb. I gave that a dispacement percentage and keyframed, in this case, the x and y translate values of the cell turb and fractal turb translate values over time. The canyon walls do a great job of hiding its simplicity and imperfections.

My wife wants it to bank on the corners and I explained to her that it isn't fluid dynamics and while you could bone the water model into a snake to get the bank effect, that would be to much like........like..........animating and that just hurts my mouse pointin' index finger.

post-4073-1137226492_thumb.jpg

Color me impressed...

... just don't use permanent markers.

;)

Your wife is correct... with just a tad small amount of hand animation you could make it more "life like"...

I'm with you though... seems like actual work to go to all that effort...

I just thought... how cool would this look with cloth water? Exact same technique... just a "surface" of rippling cloth...

I will leave that for someone else.

------------

By the way the proper phrase is...

... the damn dam

Or if you really need to express strong emotions...

... the Van Damme dam

The second one implies a curse and also a good thrashing with some high kicks.

Vernon "!" Zehr

Thanks for all the compliments. Here is a .....eh hem.....a watered down version of the project for those who are interested.

Animated distortion - yes once I wrap my head around that it would make things tons easier to improve on. This was a semi starting point as I didn't know if it would be somewhat convincing. So I plan on taking all suggestions and hopefully implementing them (including the doggone dam - Thankyou Vern for taking the heat on the correct phrasing). I'll update when I have a chance.

info.zip