Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cartoon Character WIP

Dagooos

Jim said start posting!

So here is my WIP

A couple cartoon type characters. The male is basically what he is going to look like.

The female still needs a lot of work just started her.

I thought it might be fun to give her big saggy breast and rig them with dynamics :rolleyes:

cartoon.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Very cool.

Should be an interesting challenge to animate with all that... girth.

They have a neat Muppet-like look.

One question:

Are they going to look pretty much as you have them now or are you going to add hair?

I thought it might be fun to give her big saggy breast and rig them with dynamics

Its about time someone knocked "Huntress" off of her pedestal. Your heroine might just be the one to do it! :P

Hey David,

Those are great characters! I can't wait to see what you do with them. They should be a lot of fun when you get them moving, too. I envision a lot of squash and stretch and classic cartoon style animation.

Thanks for showing your stuff,

Jim

Ha ha!

They are great!

Two more excellent characters are born.

I kind of agree with Ken about the legs. I can imagine them flaring slightly at the junction with the body. It may just be the angle of this shot but they look a liitle too straight and uniform. Just my opinion. Otherwise they are terrific characters.

They look so full of life already!

I also agree with the ohter comments. The bodies are excellent. Those legs and feet though, need some work. I would make the legs so they taper from the waist down to thin ankle, then make large, bare feet. I love thse characters though. YOur material work with gradients is great.

Thanks for all the comments!

The arms and legs were just fill ins I grabbed off another model. (the arms weren't shaggy's but off of the famous KeeKat)

My original sketch had all rounded features and no legs. I have tried to keep it as close as I can to this but as suggested may try modeling some legs to hold up all that weight :)

cartoonB.jpg

Thanks

David

Love this guy and the set looks terriffic. This is a neat idea to eliminate the legs, thereby eliminating all those joint/rigging worries. Maybe I'll design all my characters this way and also eliminate the shoulders ! hehe

Anyhow, he's loaded with personality. Is he magical somehow?

Doug

Love this guy and the set looks terriffic.  This is a neat idea to eliminate the legs, thereby eliminating all those joint/rigging worries.  Maybe I'll design all my characters this way and also eliminate the shoulders !  hehe

Anyhow, he's loaded with personality.  Is he magical somehow? 

Doug

Thanks Doug

I think you may be on to something.

For some reason I have always been a fan of characters with invisible arms and legs. Back in the old days you used to see a lot of them because there just weren't any good deformation tools. Now only the lazy people make them :D

I not sure if this is a magical character or not. Just wanted to add a prop for more interesting pose

• Admin

:) I definitely think he'd look better with legs of the same variety as his arms... BUT!!!

If it fits the story... it probably wouldn't take much to win me over.

I've had a similar problem with a few characters that I just couldn't get the right look for for the legs... usually it's because I've tried to make them too short.

If you do eventually decide to add the legs back in I think the shots you are posting will definitely help to get a proper placement for them. My mind latches onto legs that are somewhat bowed (arc'd) due to the weight of the character.

In any case... you've got a winning character and design there. Great Job! :)

Hi David!

That last image is very attractive. I love the colors and lighting, and your character is ... a character. I like the eyebrows, they should give a big range of expressions. I like what you have done with the feet. I prefer bigger hands though, they look like a little forgotten by evolution. Extremely fun overall.

Another little update:

Working on female character remodeled low patch breast.

After watching Bob's tutorial had to try out the dynamics on her :)

Dynamic three bone chain combined with weighting for squash and stretch.

This is a quick walk cycle to test.

http://www.5000hp.com/gallery/bounce4.mov

wireframe.jpg

Hello there!

Giggling boobs, BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHH!!!!

SNIF!

Man, I love it, made my day, great stuff. As for the no leg part, I think it looks good

that look becomes more and more popular.

2 thumbs up for the attitude! :lol:

Gilles

Hello again!

BTW, one tip Dagooos, if you dont mind.

You could render one walk cycle/boob jiggling then make the QT loop.

You do that by creating your QT then set it to loop then save, only adds 1 kb andf your QT will loop in the browser. Just an idea. ;)

Gilles