Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

You just gotta love A:M

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Stian.

Trees are pretty easy, I'm not sure why more people don't use the plugin. Between the treez plugin, bitmaplus, hair material and the terrain/grid wizard, you can create a landscape scene pretty quickly.

• Hash Fellow
Thanks Stian.

Trees are pretty easy, I'm not sure why more people don't use the plugin. Between the treez plugin, bitmaplus, hair material and the terrain/grid wizard, you can create a landscape scene pretty quickly.

This would be a good tutorial subject.

Not good ? that intructions for the 2008 rig is just good and dandy,I used it again today

I gotta add my cheer in here as well.

I used the 2008 Rig on my robot.

The instructions were perfectly simple to follow and the rig is exactly what I was after in function.

The 2008 Rig is really a great rig.

The trees look great also.

I'll try out that plugin soon.

Yes it can. Ive used this plugin various times before.

Tree.png

Mtpeak, where do you get the branch alpha's? They look real good.

Photoman

I modeled a branch, basicly a stick, added the hair material to it with a leaf image. Then rendered it to tga with alpha buffer on. Then used the branch image in the hair material for the leaves/branches on the tree.

Ok, followed the fine instructions. I'll need to play around w/ the textures and tree settings next. Current render is included.

1 hour to render with shadows turned on for the keylight (standard choreography).

Any high level guidance on building a bigger scene, say a forest, or am I looking at a day of rendering for a scene. :)

post-10501-1246843655_thumb.jpg

--Tim R

That's a good start for a tree Tim. Next time scale the canopy larger and raise it higher above the base group. My landscape scene took 9hrs 40min to render (1600x900), so it's all about how you set it up. 1 hr for one tree seems a bit too long to me.

Robert, the leaves probably wouldn't get milled, since it's not geometry. The model, I assume, gets exported to a different format.

Your work is incredible, Mark. I love your trees. Bonsai was a hobby of mine for years. I'm still learning the basics in A:M. I hope that someday I could put an entry into a thread like this, but until then, this will have to do.

Juniper.jpg

Thanks for the tip, Photoman, on how to create a forest w/ hair.

I was able to create a hair material w/ a still image of my rendered tree. Only the two closest trees are full models. All others are hair.

My trees were all angled until I realized that the Hair Emitter>Direction Variation needed to be set to 0%.

Quick Proof of Concept attached.

post-10501-1247106504_thumb.png

• Hash Fellow

Great treez guys.

Looking at the way the leaves get distributed, it occurs to me that you could use this to make pretty good clouds. Use a foggier bitmap for the leaves and then hide the trunk.

Anyone try that?

• 2 weeks later...

Please take this the right way, but you're starting to make me think you're the new Brian Prince with all the awesome landscaping things you've been bringing. I can't believe that's one material.

Please take this the right way, but you're starting to make me think you're the new Brian Prince with all the awesome landscaping things you've been bringing. I can't believe that's one material.

FUNNY! Way to keep an A:M 'legend' alive. GREAT STUFF! I miss having BP around...wonder which direction he went, last I saw of him he was really getting into oil painting.