Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

2008 Holiday animation

Here's a preliminary test of one segment of the Christmas animation I'll be doing for the company where I work. This bit will come at the very end but I wanted to get it done early to make sure it would work. This is the material that's being interfered with by the model surface settings that I mentioned in the A:M v15 forum. the colors as they show here aren't the way they're supposed to look. I expect to get that fixed eventually.

gifttransformtest_h264.mov

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The colors look washed out in the first one. It may just be the lighting, but the color combos that I used don't seem to be syncing up. I'm gonna fiddle with the keyframes before I post another test.

The surface-properties you showed us in the other thread are the once of a whole model and they are usually set to the values you showed us. It is quite unlikely that they are causing problems.

It maybe a keyframe thing...

*Fuchur*

• 2 weeks later...

This is a rough version of several of the scenes strung together. I'm still working on the timing and a lot of other tweaks and it's coming out just fine, but I wanted to post something before too much more time went by. Also a little bigger file than I like to post, but you'll get an idea of the story.

The shooting star and stardust in the opening were created in After Effects.

Scene01to07_v2_h264.mov

Thanks Darkwing, I am rendering out final scenes as we speak! this is my favorite project here. My boss likes to do offbeat and quirky for our holiday greeting and that suits me to a tee.

FYI, in using the benlens, which I really like: the readme file says it doesn't play well with volumetric lights and fog. I should also mention that it appears to cancel any glows as well. Just thought I'd add this to its short list of quirks.

Great job as always, Gerry!

You're making me think that I should do another animated x-mas card this year. Last year I waited until the last minute and nearly killed myself trying to get it done in time. At least this year, I could put it up on the Wannabe Pirates website...

Thanks everyone! I am making one tweak, my boss thought the snail was a little too in-your-face and wants me to tone it down a bit. I'm going to, but I've also added links so folks can view the animations from 2007 and 2006. So if you stop back you can view the earlier ones, but they're in .wmv format so I don't think Mac users can view them.

Just yesterday I downloaded and installed a .wmv Mac plugin, but I'm still not able to view them at home. Anyone know anything about this?

I just noticed a few minutes ago that if I click on the page with the .wmv it will launch in a Mac version of Windows Media Player in a separate window. Not what I was expecting but it plays.

It's not Flip4Mac though. I do have that installed somewhere I think. But isn't that for playing .wmv's in QT?

Don't feel bad for the snail, he'll still have his cameo. I'm just cutting away a second sooner.

We're launching a new business venture in Washington (DC) so there will be a lot of new law firms getting a holiday greeting from us for the first time and my boss is a little leery of emphasizing the snail too too much; ya know, first impressions etc. But she's 100% in favor of having the snail in there. And she really liked the idea of linking to the two past animations. So it's win-win. She lets me have a lot of fun with these so I can't complain.

And even though I've got 3DS Max on my machine, she lets me work in A:M.

• 2 weeks later...