Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Another TV Commercial

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y29l0h-1yAE

Just finished a VERY RETAIL TV spot for my recurring client, Art Van Furniture. The imagery was generated by decalling furniture photos to A:M geometry. Of note: I used the BensLens Fisheye to get the 'barrel-roll' effect (I love) and you can really see it in the middle on the words 'FUNCTION-STYLE-FASHION'

Also used the AI Wizard for titles and Field Render for video smoothness... client LOVED it!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Good looking spot!

that´s very impressive matt... how long did it take to make the spot?

THATS the million dollar question! 1 week. (5 eight hour days) approximately.

And congratulations on making a million dollars!

Is the tumbler effect a Plug-In?

No- not a plug. I made the 5X5(25) 2-sided square patches and then carefully put a bone at the axis of each. I then made an action and animated the 1st bone with the spin just the way I wanted...and then gave all the others an 'Orient Like' constraint with offsetting lag values- so the 2nd row was 3 frames late...the 3rd row 6 frames late...etc I then put the action where it needed to be in the chor and animated the decal transparency values between 1-100% to get the decal I needed to show when it needed to show.

That's a nice little job. Professional video graphics.

No- not a plug. I made the 5X5(25) 2-sided square patches and then carefully put a bone at the axis of each. I then made an action and animated the 1st bone with the spin just the way I wanted...and then gave all the others an 'Orient Like' constraint with offsetting lag values- so the 2nd row was 3 frames late...the 3rd row 6 frames late...etc I then put the action where it needed to be in the chor and animated the decal transparency values between 1-100% to get the decal I needed to show when it needed to show.

Clever!

Is the tumbler effect a Plug-In?

Wow that's brilliant! I would have never thought of such a technique. At least I now have that tid bit of knowledge for future reference. :)