Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mo Mouth Mo test anims

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on both of them Cory. In the first one it looks like after the monster snatched the prey they both dip through the floor a various points. What animal are you using for reference for the snatch cycle?

The slobbering looks great, I think maybe the ends hanging out of the mouth would be shaken off with the movement of the head.

Great job,

Leo

Good job on both of them Cory. In the first one it looks like after the monster snatched the prey they both dip through the floor a various points. What animal are you using for reference for the snatch cycle?

The slobbering looks great, I think maybe the ends hanging out of the mouth would be shaken off with the movement of the head.

Great job,

Leo

Thanks,

Floor needs work. Apparently it's not solid enough.

Lion, crocodile, vivid imagination.

Depends on viscosity.

Just kidding, you are right on all points. It was a first pass for both, I'll keep pecking away.

:D

Cory

Is this guy AKC registered? I'm thinking he'd eat the competition at the Wesminister dog show, and win by default.

I think I want to start breeding these guys in a puppy mill... But I'll have to act fast before municipalities add his breed to the list of undesireables (and they thought pit bulls were bad!).

Please fax me his pedigree ASAP, I need to find a breeding pair.

BTW, I was so enchanted by watching him go after the little guy, I didn't even notice the problems with the floor... he probably has a lot of mass anyway, so I would think it natural for him to go through at least a bit...

Note to self: Reinforce barn floor with 3" more concrete before setting up the kennels in the barn.

It's really excellent, but during the last part, where the big guy shakes his prey, there's virtually no corresponding movement below the neck. (In fact, if you cover up his head with your hand while you're watching the movie, you can't tell that he's moving his head at all.) Such a violent shaking motion would surely involve the shoulders, don't you think?

Cory,

Switch to quicktime using sorensen 3 compression and your artifacts will disappear.

The color artifacts are a result of the codec you are using and the windows media player. (DivX)

The other option is to use a different type of codec with your AVI.

I really like the animation, tweaks aside, it shows a lot of energy.

Great Job!

Great work, Cory! Keep it coming!

I agree with Jody. You will get better results with Sorenson 3 and it allows viewers to scrub through your animation.

What Robert said! Two strands of drool could simulate one strand breaking by pulling out one cp from top of mouth and one from the jaw. Just have them snap back at a suitable moment. Add more cps for more realism and have some hang and swing. :-o

Is this guy AKC registered? I'm thinking he'd eat the competition at the Wesminister dog show, and win by default.

I think I want to start breeding these guys in a puppy mill... But I'll have to act fast before municipalities add his breed to the list of undesireables (and they thought pit bulls were bad!).

Please fax me his pedigree ASAP, I need to find a breeding pair.

BTW, I was so enchanted by watching him go after the little guy, I didn't even notice the problems with the floor... he probably has a lot of mass anyway, so I would think it natural for him to go through at least a bit...

Note to self: Reinforce barn floor with 3" more concrete before setting up the kennels in the barn.

They are so cute when they are puppies. Kids love 'em. ;)

Cory

It's really excellent, but during the last part, where the big guy shakes his prey, there's virtually no corresponding movement below the neck. (In fact, if you cover up his head with your hand while you're watching the movie, you can't tell that he's moving his head at all.) Such a violent shaking motion would surely involve the shoulders, don't you think?

Thanks and you are absolutley right. I should also add some counter-movement to the hips as well. I did a head shake in Slap Happy and when I went back and wiggled the hips opposite the head it kinda popped.

Cory

Cory,

Switch to quicktime using sorensen 3 compression and your artifacts will disappear.

The color artifacts are a result of the codec you are using and the windows media player. (DivX)

The other option is to use a different type of codec with your AVI.

I really like the animation, tweaks aside, it shows a lot of energy.

Great Job!

Is there a way to control the playback speed of a qt movie? I don't know much about quicktime I'm afraid. I could make the divx look better I just forgot to jack up the bitrate before I rendered. I'll try a qt version and post it.

Nice slobber. Maybe there's a way to make some of it break as his mouth opens?

That would be a good idea as well. The slime inside the mouth is just a mapped 4 point patch. It's real simple and looks fairly good. Maybe I could make one break using a relationship to the jaw bone...might work.

Great work, Cory! Keep it coming!

I agree with Jody. You will get better results with Sorenson 3 and it allows viewers to scrub through your animation.

What Robert said! Two strands of drool could simulate one strand breaking by pulling out one cp from top of mouth and one from the jaw. Just have them snap back at a suitable moment. Add more cps for more realism and have some hang and swing. :-o

The drool hanging out his mouth is a hair emmitter, works out great with dynamics and all. I tried blobbies, which looked good, but the render times became awful. I also tried some sprites with a little success. What I'd like to see is a globby mass flow down and sling off the hair emitter. Maybe an animated sprite? I dunno. I'll do some experimenting then get back.

Cory

just got v13 still no make great monster button

very interesting !!

Dang it! the newbies will wanna know why not... And then we'll have to tell 'em all about the little book that came with their software, and they'll have to learn to do it all by themselves.

Shucks!

Maybe V14? and V15 will have the make me a blockbuster movie button... I hope!

Super anims............I still see a movie in there somewhere...

Michael

Actually there is...but I don't know if I'll ever get to it. There is a darker side to the relationship between the eyes and the mouth...(cue evil laugh here)

Cory

First pass at an attack-

http://home.alltel.net/collinsfamily04/fliptakedown2.avi

Detail of slobber and slimey mouth- :wacko: -

http://home.alltel.net/collinsfamily04/slobber.avi

Cory

Wow. I especially love how you can see the skin moving and twisting over the creature's ribcage. Amazing detail. I really get the feeling that the creature (despite being fantasy) is really alive and breathing.

I almost wanna dissect it =)