Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My First Character

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Nice one. That thing reminds me of a character I made for my first animation :D

If interested the surface for mine is:

Diffuse color

red 14

green 255

blue 14

Specular color

red 255

green 250

blue 14

Spec size 60

Spec Intensity 50

Transparency 88

Index of refraction 1.99

Reflectivity 33

Reflective blend 100

blurp.JPG

Oh my god that's adorable!

Thanks for all the positive feedback!, I created and easy charecter like him just so I could learn all the basic steps of modeling rigging and animating a character. I think he will just be a cute quite character who scurries around and gets frightened easily. Thanks for the surface settings Stian, and i'll keep you posted on how I animate his eyes when I rig him Paul!

Hi Markus :

nice character ...

my two cents, the next step would be to weld the legs to the body ... make a nice texture to him, and work whit lights

can we see wires ???

keep the good job

Once again, that's a great character. I could imagine so many different personalities from it. Anything from the personality of a young puppy to a wise old wizard. Can't wait to see him animated.

-Robert

or a devil in disguise...

Why in disguise? Do you know how hilarious it would be to have an animation where someone is confronted by the devil and its him? I'm laughing just thinking about it! Like, you'd see this big shadow, And then a close up of his eye, and then it would zoom out to be him :lol: ! Markus, your character has just too much potential!

-Robert

Wow, this is awesome I come back, look at the showcase and Boom! much more positive feedback about my character, thanks guys you just made my day :lol:.

Newbert_Zero Posted on Jan 20 2005, 04:16 PM

Wow that looks simple yet awsome. how long did it take you to do that?

I finished him in a couple days of working on him, not sure exactly how much time I put into him altogether

Xtaz Posted on Jan 22 2005, 05:06 PM

nice character ...

my two cents, the next step would be to weld the legs to the body ... make a nice texture to him, and work whit lights

can we see wires ???

keep the good job

Ya i'm not sure if i'm going to attach the legs, also what kind of texture would you suggest?

ps. How do I render a wire frame of my character?

• 1 month later...

I'm finding it hard to position his,eye stem thingies.... I want to get it so I can control them the same way I do for his knees (I control the knees by constraining them to a target null). Although if I try a similar technique for the eye stem's it doesnt really work because it causes a sharp 90 degree angle in them and I cant control them properly. :angry:

Any suggestions?

Check the chain of bones that the eye stems are assigned to. You may have some which are not attached to their parent/child. That would cause a sharp bend at the unattached joint when moving the nulls down.

Ok I fixed all that up and have no creasing. Accept! Which bone out of the many in his eye stems do I assign a aim at constraint for the null. None of them seem to work they way I want it to :huh:

Animate him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'll work on that as soon as possible :lol: