jo b.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Now that was fun! :)

Beautiful animation.

I was just bemoaning my fate sitting inside on a cold winter night... dreading the cold. Seeing your short was perfect thing to counter the cold weather blowing outside.

Now I feel all toasty warm.

Thanks! :)

I looked at it loads of times too! The bobble, the scarf, the hair, the expressions, the camera shake....heck...just everything! The kid is surprisingly cute. I just wonder what the relationship between the two is! :D

Just some questions....were the camera shake and scarf movement hand animated?

Oh and Happy Christmas everyone!

The kid is surprisingly cute. I just wonder what the relationship between the two is! :D

Just some questions....were the camera shake and scarf movement hand animated?

Oh and Happy Christmas everyone!

thanks,

we're glad you like it.

about the relationship:

dr. klob is a scientist... of course.

the "kid" is called willian j. petterson. he's klob's full time proband.

i'm not sure, but maybe they're having some kind of experiment going on.

or maybe they try to enjoy the fireworks, but the lost orientation...

i dunno...

-what do you think?

about the animation:

everything is hand animated.

the scarf is animated with one control bone. for each segment there is an intermediate bone with different enforcement (10 % - 100 %)and corresponding lag (0-2 frames).

the hair movement consists of two groomed poses. one for the shaking and one for the direction.

Excellent! The snow effect, the camera struggling against the wind, the contrast in the character designs and personalities, all perfect. You folks continue to amaze and inspire me. Great solution with the hair. Did you choose not to use hair dynamics bacause you wanted better control or were the results not very good?

Definition:

"Soulcage." noun. A term to describe the torture chamber you find yourself in when in the presence of superior skills. Skills such that using the exact same tools you use to whittle a stick into... a smaller stick without bark, they've crafted the image of a million angels dancing on the head of a pin.

Well I guess someone has to keep the bar held to ridiculous heights. <_<

Great solution with the hair. Did you choose not to use hair dynamics bacause you wanted better control or were the results not very good?

thanks,

no we didn't try to use forces and dynamics. it's always a task to get forces and dynamics congruent in different passes and we didn't have lots of time, so we thought of a way we could trust in.

Hey!! That guys are standing in the middle of a railway!!!!??? :lol:

I liked it a lot, it has the feel of an Open Sesame episode, but the characters breathe a lot more life, even without speaking. Are they maybe the main characters of your next animated short?

Chapeau!!

Are they maybe the main characters of your next animated short?

Thanks!

No - these two freaks (William J. Petterssen and Prof. Dr. Klob) have already starred in one of our commercials (in fact i guess it was our first ever.. ), called "Forschung Aktuell", that's "Science Today" in English. You can check out that one on our Homepage, too. You find it under "Our Work".

Greetings, Elm. :ph34r: