Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Some new characters/characatures I am working on.

THUR:

Thanks for the comments, they mean a lot, really. Folks here look at it and say..."ooh, the beatles!" I am updating the animation file with a new one that shows all 4 stones...I know I still have some tweeking. I love V11's hair and the ease in which you can 'emulate' a hairstyle quickly. Thru practice, I now consider myself a bit of a 'virtual hairstylist'.

Hmmm. Maybe I WILL do the Beatles next...which era???

WED:

I wanted to make my next characters to be based off of real personas...with the ultimate goal being to do the 'real' imitating in animation. I plan to make the main character (in the center) have an 'over-elasticized' face in animation. Also, these will be 'big-head little body' characters.

Some of the younger Hasher's may not be hip to this band, they were 'big' back when guitars were really plugged-in to amplifiers and singers really sang into microphones...

These are early WIPs, are they working?

I'll post a frame later on. Haven't started on the drummer yet, the bass player....nahhh. He quit the band anyway.

theBAND1.mov

Edited by John Bigboote

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny- I'm checking back on the list because my computer IS bogging adding another line of splines to Ronnie Woods face (for smile/wrinkles) ... I am going to try using bump mappes to add more wrinkles from here. THANKS!

Yes. These hopefully will become animated. Thats where the real fun is for me.

You've capture the hair styles flawlessly! I've seen them in concert. They packed the stadium that was used for the Superbowl in San Diego. Best rock concert I've ever been to.

Not sure I'm feeling the skin tones. Might want to try to get a little more detail into the faces as well. The texture maps don't look finished, however I recognized them immediately which is key. Great job!

Frank Silas

http://www.franksilas.com

:ph34r:

Thanks JohnL3D- I -SHOULD- mention...that these characters were/are being generated/animated as an experiment of the 'distortion' mode feature which I have recently learned is an INDISPENSIBLE modelling/animation tool for Hash, the BEST feature to come out of Vancouvre since...well...v11 hair...IMHO

It's one thing to model a character the way you think he/she should look, but then to be able to take that likeness and interactively 'distort' it with an easy to use distortion mode which allows for the real 'characaturing' to happen... I'm tickled with this feature. I even have some ideas how they could take it to the next level...

Just wait until you see Jagger's facial animation...it's going to...well...ROCK! I hope. It always looks so good in my head and then I make it it and...nnnnyyyygggaahhhh!!

What I REALLY need ...is some like-minded artists and a generous budget...and a hamburger.

BTW- all 4 stones modelled in 4 days complete with bodies. The hair was actually one of the quickest/easiest parts...but I'm still tweeking. V11 Hash hair is GREAT! Watch for more WIP's