sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Happy Birthday Will

Shelton

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting here looking at some old stuff in my studio....Do you know it has been 17 years since I started TAR? Originally it was going to be an airbrushed graphic novel, but it didn't get much interest...

Nowadays I've gotten into a rut of working full-time with little energy left over for my art (which for most of my life has been my driving passion). Sitting here feeling a little defeated and trying to muster the naive enthusiasm I had at the beginning...

I'm sure that I am not alone in this feeling--just watching the credits of almost any CG animated movie is sobering when you consider the number of man-hours that went into it. Working solo, I have to curtail the vision to what is actually possible with my resources (lifetime remaining). Sigh....

tarp1.jpg?w=450

tarp2.jpg?w=450

tarp3.jpg?w=450

tarp4.jpg?w=450

tarp5.jpg?w=450

tarp6.jpg?w=450

• *A:M User*

Will

I understand that feeling. I started with cupids sick day in 2009. I got started on it for real in 2010. Here three - four years later I feel like work and life take away from the dream. I haven't even animated one

sequence.

Steve