Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

RACK 'EM UP! a music video in progress

I really have taken a break from showing stuff on this forum after a little legal 'mishap'... anyways-

I thought some of you would get a kick out of this... I'm (hoping) to complete a 2:30 music video for Myron Leroy's 'Rack Em Up' song. If things get tight, I may need help from willing forum members to help animate and render this puppy. Needs be done mid summer... I'll show some animation eventually, but here are some select stills from the first minute I have done.

It's about an old pool shark (Sir Nigel) who ends-up getting himself hustled by an underdressed vixen. ALL images are WIP not final renders... Nuff said- HAPPY MD WEEKEND!

RMU_01.jpg

RMU_02.jpg

RMU_03.jpg

RMU_04.jpg

RMU_05.jpg

RMU_06.jpg

RMU_07.jpg

RMU_08.jpg

RMU_09.jpg

RMU_10.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love your women..eh hem..you're not attached to them are ya? They are so very expressive and have great caricatures in both stills and animation. You get a feeling that they have a complete circulatory system and not just a set of floating teeth under those curvy splines.

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE on progress:

about 80% there.

Nice one ;)

Anyway you should do something against her breasts shearing (at about 2:01 for ie) and her behind should be a bit more round...

Mister Nigel could look up / around a bit smoother in some of the sequences (seems unnatural). Trying given him a slight arc when he moves his head.

His head-movement should not look like this: ()-()-()-()

But like this: (ignore the _)

()________()

__- ()- () -

Hope you understand what I mean.

The first look around of his head at 14 seconds is nice an smooth with ease in and out.

At 2:06 there is some jumping around of his hands.

But all in all it is working and looks fine :)

Keep up the good work!

*Fuchur*

That seems like an insane amount of work to have done in such a short amount of time, Matt!

I agree with Fuchur's comments, above. When you have all of your sequences worked out take a second pass at some of the animation, try giving Sir Nigel a bit of shoulder movement. When editing try keeping the girl's movements synchronised to the beat.

I have to say that your women scare the $#!% out of me! Were you thinking of football when you modelled her? ;)

Fun though :D

A cheeky little number, Myron! :)

You guys are sweet when you say 'take a 2nd pass'...in reality it would be about a 9th pass...someday I'll be able to nail it on the first pass like that. It is a lot of work... trying to get it done for Myron's show (which is WHEN again?) It's just been quite a while since I did anything 'long-form' and Myron gave me a nice opportunity. The girl is meant to have UNrealistic proportions... some folks think I am going for realism- I'm not. I've discovered a lot of problems in my rigging...probably caused by modelling and rigging her with her arms down and not in the 'T' pose, but I'm Just having fun. I see stuff that bothers me when I look at Pixars work...

Thanks for the comments~

OH---AND--- the main thing I think is cool in this...is the Animation:Master hair feature in full display... I am literally doing nothing with the hair except seeing it in full animation after I render... NOT passing thru shoulders, full of action-reaction...returning to it's (minimal) style... full of sheen and vibrancy...it's a joy! Other than any Pixar 'Incredibles' or Disney/Dreamworks animations... NO ONE is doing full long 3D hair like this... I know it's not perfect- but show me better-

THANKS Spleen...I always appreciate your positive attitude.

The A:M hair feature is by NO-means perfect, I'd like to see it further developed- however- I don't complain because I have noticed MANY improvements over the last years since V13 when it 1st appeared, so I figure Stefan (or someone) is persistent in constantly improving upon it. AND- who else is doing stuff like this??? MY approach to 3D particle-driven hair has ALWAYS been to 'Youtube' it first to see what the other softwares are offering... some is really good, most is quite bad- but all samples are incredibly SHORT clips and are never followed-up with subsequent efforts. I have MANY examples of 3D dynamic particle-driven LONG hair which (this is the tricky part) seemingly does NOT pass-thru the geometry underlying it (does that make sense?)

I would love to hear someone come in and say 'Oh- Maya has perfected 3D long hair' or 'Carrera' or 'Max' or 'Poser' and then show some examples that are stunning with NO passthrus and incredible lifelike realism... but in MY experience... LONG HAIR is extremely difficult to do in 3D...and A:M does quite a nifty little job with it... not perfect mind you... but closer than most.

Sorry, Matt. I didn't mean to be overly critical of your animation. As you say it has much to do with the rigging and weighting, particularly of her arms.

Yes, A:M particles/hair have improved immensely over the past couple of years and you have always produced great examples of what you can achieve with them.

Nice one Matt! Love the camera work and the overlays, and of course the hair.

The girl's hands separate from the triangle in a few highly visible places.

The breasts seem a little too stretchy. They get kinda scary in a couple of places.

Her butt cheeks stick waaaay out in a few places, but maybe you're into that sort of thing ;)

It looks like you put a lot of work into this.

Yeah---time...BIGTIME! Actually... the female character was one I had already done... Nigel is off the CD (I'll put Jim Talbot in the credit) and Myron had done the pool table, balls etc... and then I'm using a lot of motion-capture from Mr. Bones... who will also use this for marketing his 'SexyBones' BVH package ... so it isn't AS bad as you may think... I'm also resorting to a 'make it up as you go' freeform non-scripted approach.

I know it has it's prollums, believe me.

the end should be him lifting his head from the table as awakening from a dream and then see who he has really been playing ..insert imagination here.

Matt I remenber seeing your Thanks- MGT line on seat cover along with a few other phrases

John,

Holmes actually did most of the work on the pool table, I just kinda extended it and added the legs. They are his balls. :D

Go ahead somebody.......... I dare ya! :D

man....I can't. I really really want to but I can't!