Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Super Girl [WIP]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE ALL OF THE NEW SUPERHERO THREADS!!! :D :D :D

good start, and yes it's a long road...who knew doing 3D you'd learn about...CLOTHES!!! :P

Are your goals to model it all on your own? There is a VERY good female model on the A:M cd called "Lambrina" that would be a good basis for a Supergirl model.

Keep it going, and keep us up to date on your progress.

- pjc

I agree with Patrick about all the new superhero threads, and not just the new superheros with whom I don't associate, but the orginals who started the genre.

Patrick, since you're suggesting Lambrina as the base model for Supergirl, did you use Dex as base for your Superman model? (I may have missed it in your thread)

I agree, superhero threads are ruling! I hope we get more. I might just have to think of another on to make just so we can have more :).

Nice start on your Super Girl so far.

i'm not certain of the ultimate value of all these derivative works, but if the super hero bug ever bit me, i'd prolly create rorschach or maybe even sedusa were i feeling villainous.

as for supergirl here... it's a great start!

my only nags: her legs seem unusually long in proportion to the rest of her body, and i sure hope she has some red undies to go with that miniskirt!

keep on splinin'!

-jon

I FINALLY GOT TO TIME UPDATE........

UPDATES ARE, LOGO , COLOR OF SUIT THE LONG LEGS ,,, AND REMODELing of HER BOOTS

Might start on the face this weekend ?

Comments Welcome

So what DO U All THink {{ Now }} :unsure::)

post-9022-1154552656_thumb.jpg

well here it is the new head ???? Comments Welcome :unsure::unsure:

ok its not the best head but iam trying ,,,,,,,,,,

here is one of the picture iam working from

art by Michael Turner

post-9022-1154915769_thumb.jpg

post-9022-1154916133_thumb.jpg

Don't take this too seriously, but I'm in a critiquing mood.

1. I'm not going to talk about the head, cause you're just starting on it.

2. Her pelvic area is too far spread apart - bring it together to the point of touching and you'll also decrease the hip area.

3. Her legs are way too long in proportion to her torso - on the other hand, maybe the torso just needs to be elongated, since her arms are very long too. Bottom line, find a frontal human anatomy pic for reference and go from there.

4. Her breasts look like two balls on her chest. Take a look at your own Turner reference - much smaller breasts and more naturally formed. Maybe decrese the area between them too.

5. The three areas that define the shape of the body, chest, waist, and hips, are not correctly proportioned. If you are going by the old 36/24/36, you get an hourglass figure, now look at your figure.

6. You can greatly improve on your model simply by getting your proportions right. You seem to be doing a good job modeling.

7. Did I mention the proportions are off?

Ok, I've had my fun, now do with the critique what you will.

Nice start though...

• 5 months later...

It's looking good so far. I think that height is right (super tall like a super hero should be).

The shoulders might be a little wider.

Somehow you have to tweak the inside thigh so that it silouette is not such a straight.

Another key feature of the reference picture is the delicate thinness of the knees and ankles.

It would look good if you could get the diameter of the knees and ankles down but still maintain a the style of the shape.

good luck...

can you upload a wireframe??

if she is indeed the strongest woman on the planet, you may think about giving her some back muscles. her hip may look wide because she has no back. the torso just goes straight up with no hour glass figures. also if she had some lattisimus muscles the chest would look more proportion.

you've been making great progress!

i'll cast another vote for wider upper torso. the hips are wider than average, but i'm kinda liking 'em anyway.

so many comic artists have abused the popular comic characters to the point where there is no 'one' authoritative look for them.... so go with the flow!

-jon

• 3 weeks later...

i think i'm done with her as the Super G model ... Made alot changes along the way .... i also think, i did the right thing by taking off the {S} logo..

Thanks for all the input from everyone .... injoy Aj2 :D

post-9022-1170303835_thumb.jpg

AJ2- Nice work! Done? C'mon...they are never ever really done...we just give up on them! I'd like to see you expand her in a couple directions:

-You should learn the benefit of the displacement map. You could add subtle details such as muscle tone, lip crackles, nipple protusion, belly button...

-You should also look into using V13/14 's hair feature, which has just recently become quite robust, powerful and dynamic, and dare I say...almost 'photoreal'

-Her cape is also begging for V 13's SimCloth feature.

Great work!

i think i'm done with her as the Super G model ... Made alot changes along the way .... i also think, i did the right thing by taking off the {S} logo..

Thanks for all the input from everyone .... injoy Aj2 :D

Yikes! Done? But she has no belly-button!

My advice, give it a week, then load her up again and see if you are happy with her. I find that I need to "rest" in between tweaking characters sometimes; for instance I just recently cleaned up and re-worked my Woman/Death character, whom I had declared finished months ago. I opened her up to animate her scenes and said "ugh. she's UGLY." and fixed her.

Not a bad start however, she looks quite...super :lol:

looking pretty good, and stylistic of your own.I have one question, and that is if she is going to wear lip stick, then would you not then finish the rest of her? if a woman going to wear makeup, than she would probably also put on eyeshadow and eyebrow liner. But if you are going for the superclean and zesty look, then maybe tone down the lip to a natural coolr? just my opinion only.

Thanks for all the input , to help me make a better model ..

But for now, iam layoff for the winter , An i would like to take the time to complete the Exercise's in the TaoAM Book.

Ill start back on this model after the book is complete...