helicopter

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here are a few more quick renders and a wire frame. All the doors open

and the windows are cut from transparency decals. I hope someone can spoon feed me on my throttle pose slider for the main and tail rotor's.[attachmentid=11980][attachmentid=11992]

post-4673-1133752938_thumb.jpg

post-4673-1133753017_thumb.jpg

post-4673-1133753074_thumb.jpg

post-4673-1133796621_thumb.jpg

I need to make a throttle control pose slider from 0- 375 rpm which at 24 fps equates to 94 degrees per frame for full [ 375 ] rpm.

Personally I don't think it's possible to hava a pose slider doing that, but in this thread there are some work-arounds.

I couldn't stop giving this another try. I still don't think it is possible to control the RPM with a pose slider in the general case, but for pure accelerations or retardations I think this is at least a good approximation:

[attachmentid=12000]

For the interested, this is the expression I used

360*(..|..|..|User Properties.RPM*100*GetTime()-Floor(..|..|..|User Properties.RPM*100*GetTime()))

It is a saw-tooth wave function with amplitude 360 and where the frequency is controlled by the RPM pose slider.

PropellerPose01.zip

AAVER, I used your project file and it is very cool, I painted one of the blade tips red to see what was going on and used .5% for the throttle pose slider to keep things slow. Acceleration is sweet but when it comes to deceleration the prop actually reverses direction when it comes to a stop instead of just decreasing the angular velocity. It will work for start up and acceleration but not for shutdown, it's very cool and I thank you once again for your effort.

Tim

[...]Acceleration is sweet but when it comes to deceleration the prop actually reverses direction[...]

Yes, that's what I meant. It works for pure accelerations or retardations, but in the general case, I still don't think there is a solution in A:M. Hopefully this is useful for some anyway :)

Yes, that's what I meant. It works for pure accelerations or retardations, but in the general case, I still don't think there is a solution in A:M. Hopefully this is useful for some anyway :)

thankyou once again ( just call me grass hopper when it comes to expressions)

Fine looking helicopter! Looks good enough to be in a movie.

Thanks Robcat,

I't might end up on a website, it would be cool to have it interactive where you could make it take off or even fly it around but that is way above my head. Is that even possible ?

it would be cool to have it interactive where you could make it take off or even fly it around but that is way above my head. Is that even possible ?

HA:MR might make this possible... you'll have t look in the development forums subforum HA:MR. I don't think it's completed yet.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm looking into the possibilities of making an interactive learning tool " game " . I have a fully animated 3d model of a helicopter cockpit and I would like to make a program that would show different emergency situations and what they would look like to the pilot in the cockpit. For example if you wanted to see what the gauges and caution lights would do for an engine failure you would just click on the corresponding failure button and the gauges would animate to those positions. So the only moving parts are the gauge needles and the warning lights. All the gauges and warning lights are controlled by sliders at the moment for making animations with am. I do not have any programming experience but i have seen a few software products out there for people like me. Anyway, does anybody know of some software for a non programmer that I could use to create this- Thanks[attachmentid=13696]

post-4673-1138206228_thumb.jpg

765Juliet: Turn left to a heading of 275. The heliport will be about five miles ahead on the right.

How about something simple like Powerpoint? I think it will allow you to have video clips embedded... and might allow the branching of click here for this or click there for that... But, I'm not a programmer either, so I can't point you in a good direction. I don't even think 275° would get you there!

AWESOME cockpit, by the way!

helimox,

You may want to look at Flash for the flight panel sim.

It depends on how "real" you want it. If you want a "real" 3d interactive cockpit that you can pan around... then... some 3d type engine is going to be needed.

But... if you just want a "static" animated cockpit with interactive buttons and knobs, flashing lights etc... Flash is more than capable and it is learnable for those of us who are programming challenged... and it's crossplatform right out of the box.

Vernon "!" Zehr

Excellent model. I could see that being used in some video footage very nicely. Did you make it for any reason in particular?

thanks

I originally made it for the website but now it is also going to be used for landing zone setup presentations and pr material.