Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Everybodies "Sword model"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I commissioned this simple sword as part of my Cybergirl project.

If/when the project picks up again all the sword thinking gave me a great idea for a scene with a whole lot of swords.

There are a lot of swords in the story that I still refer to as "Project 2" to keep the title secret but this is the only one that was built in 3D thus far.

Javier Poot's rapier design definitely fit in better with the character who originally I had imagined would carry a samurai type sword.

For those interested the cybergirl project it can be viewed in the WIP secton.

I've been working on a few other characters in the story and hope to post a significant update this summer.

The Cybergirl project was initiated one day when I realized that it might be well worth the money to commission models to be made for my projects as there is no possible way I'll be able to build them all. Javier Poot added fire to the project when he came on board and helped redesign the girl. The project then became more of an experiment in online colaboration and it was indeed fun. Javier has been offline for awhile and he is certainly missed in the A:M Community.

You can see the project here:

Cybergirl Project

Keith Fay provided this samurai sword long before he went on to work with Jack West and Far Star Productions. I percieve he likes to keep busy!

sword0.gif

Thanks, they were made for Eggprops 3 years ago. Maybe Wegg will put them up for sale one day :D

Unfortunetly thats one of those models that hasn't survived the changes in Animation Master over the years. Particularly in the Weaver material that was used on the grip. Its kind of one of those things where. . . "If I get time" I'll fix it and upload it.

Thanks, they were made for Eggprops 3 years ago. Maybe Wegg will put them up for sale one day  :D

Unfortunetly thats one of those models that hasn't survived the changes in Animation Master over the years. Particularly in the Weaver material that was used on the grip. Its kind of one of those things where. . . "If I get time" I'll fix it and upload it.

Just the textures - The models should still work - right?

Cheers

hmmm i don't know if it would cast one or not, they never really showed if it did ot not in the movies.

lightsaber2.jpg

I took the shadow off and added a light into the blade with a lens flare.

Thanks, they were made for Eggprops 3 years ago. Maybe Wegg will put them up for sale one day  :D

I bought that model from Eggprops back in the v8.x days. I used it for my unfinished Crow model. It's an excellent model. You can't see it well here but you get the idea.

crowpose000.JPG

I want to animate a scene from the comic books that isn't in the movie. Now that we have nice cloth and hair, I think I'll finish this.

Shouldn't that Hopolite sword be bronze?

Maybe :P I know they were bronze but I am not sure they were always bronze. Surely at some point they started making them from steel. I am not really sure but I think steel just looks cooler :D

"Maybe I know they were bronze but I am not sure they were always bronze. Surely at some point they started making them from steel. I am not really sure but I think steel just looks cooler "

Yeah I know they werent allways bronze- I think they changed at about 500bc to Iron, but definately not steel- steel was to brittle and would shatter- the kelts developed a system of twisting soft Iron and hardened steel into blades that gave a unique edge pattern. I think this was copied by the japanese armourers in the development of their swords

Chris

Shouldn't that Hopolite sword be bronze?

Some realistic sword bits:-

(... images)

Chris Wheeler

Those are fencing weapons. Deadly, to be sure, but so is my toothbrush.

www.thearma.org is a site on medieval armed combat. They have a couple of articles about how medieval and rennaisance weapons look.

Yummy. I love swords in any form.