Hash, Inc. Forums

Welcome to the forums new home!

Jason Simonds

So we are on the new server, in the updated forums version.

I will follow the post here for reports on bugs and errors.

Know as of now

• Staff filled with a ton of people
  • Gallery empty
  • Some users avatars are missing(user has to fix)
  • The system is still running the update

Yes for now the new URL will be https://forums.hash.com it may return to https://www.hash.com/forums but it may stay here. All old links will work it will just come here.

And just so you do not get all blah blah I'm old and change scares me. The nest step will be moving https://hash.com/store to https://store.hash.com and working out how to make old links work

You can see the start of the new store here. It imported everything orders, users, sales, products and soon passwords. Your activation codes will be lost but if needed I can look them up for you.

http://megatron.hash.com/store/index.php?route=product/search&search=animation master

Oh the reason for the new sub domains on the move it

1. I have wanted to do this for some time
  2. I do not have the time to move everything in one night anymore. It's almost 3am pst and I started this at 7pm pst. And really the forums was an easy one compared to what comes next. I do not want to even get into what goes into the store and keeping all of that data!
  3. I'm going to try to bang this out over the next few weeks since I have a small break from testing till mid Nov.

I'm going to sleep

But come on I got it working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hello again!

I'm sill working on things but everything seams to be running sooth. I'm waiting on a reply about importing https://www.hash.com/stills/ to https://forums.hash.com/index.php?/gallery/ but right now I can not see that in the options. So maybe later today or tomorrow.

• Hash Fellow

I like that videos can play in a post but would it be possible to make videos automatically right-size rather than automatically full-page-size?

Or have them as a link that you click on to play?

• Hash Fellow

I like that videos can play in a post but would it be possible to make videos automatically right-size rather than automatically full-page-size?

Perhaps a max size could be applied to all unless clicked on?

Or have them appear as a link that you click on to play?

• Admin
56 minutes ago, robcat2075 said:

Perhaps a max size could be applied to all unless clicked on?

Or have them appear as a link that you click on to play?

Looking into the various options now.

MP4 would appear to be the ideal upload format.

• Hash Fellow

That size looks better.

I had previously posted an MP4 and ti was bloated across the whole page but now it is right sized.

My only "moderation options" to threads are "hide" or "delete".  i can't move a topic AFAIK.

On 10/8/2018 at 6:59 PM, robcat2075 said:

That size looks better.

I had previously posted an MP4 and ti was bloated across the whole page but now it is right sized.

My only "moderation options" to threads are "hide" or "delete".  i can't move a topic AFAIK.

I will look into that this weekend, If it's not already fixed by then

Ok so..

The new forums is sending a massive amount of email notices. I think that some things people did not know about is defaulted on. I'm going to look into it, but  for now I moved the forums to a new host for email while I get php mail() working right. 

So with the A:M Reports moved, and hours of work i big program is finally getting fixed. For years all of the attachments in A:M Reports have been stored in the database. Since v11.0 back when you could email in reports. This makes the database really large 4.6gb for a small database(when text only). Now all the images/attachments are getting move to a folder not the database. This will mean hours saved next update or move!

now on disk.jpg

• ____ 1

4 minutes ago, robcat2075 said:

Does Search work?

A simple search on "copy" turns up zero results.

it's rebuilding now are the A:M Stills import. At least I think that is the problem. It's going to be a few hours if not over night. When i searched "project" it only returned one result from 3 hours ago.

15 minutes ago, robcat2075 said:

Is this our fourth forum?

What happened that made the past ones not usable anymore?

No, we are running the same forums software. We are on the 4th major version. We keep using the same forums software. But sometimes updates look a lot different. And sometimes they add or remove things. This was a major change, that is one of the reasons I waited until the new server.

• Admin

Regarding the search... the forum is reporting that the search index is rebuilding/reprocessing.

Theoretically once built it will have all the forum indexed for searching.

Because some of the lookup button (ex.  All Activity) very likely rely on search functions they too will come up short  until the search index is fully processed.

• Admin

Since the early days of the forum there has been some custom code (set in place very like by the highly esteemed Will Pickering) that parsed through some things and formatted them in specific ways.

I will guess some of that custom code is no longer connecting in the exact same customized way.

Some of this might simply relate to the new IPB forum software not having the same code routines as prior versions of their software.

Some might relate to a specific process simply being turn off, in which case we just have to know what that process is and turn it back on.

21 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Regarding the search... the forum is reporting that the search index is rebuilding/reprocessing.

Theoretically once built it will have all the forum indexed for searching.

Because some of the lookup button (ex.  All Activity) very likely rely on search functions they too will come up short  until the search index is fully processed.

The indexing is broke right now, I have an email into support  to find the problem

14 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Since the early days of the forum there has been some custom code (set in place very like by the highly esteemed Will Pickering) that parsed through some things and formatted them in specific ways.

I will guess some of that custom code is no longer connecting in the exact same customized way.

Some of this might simply relate to the new IPB forum software not having the same code routines as prior versions of their software.

Some might relate to a specific process simply being turn off, in which case we just have to know what that process is and turn it back on.

Most of the complaints are how the forums handles things now compared to before. No that is auto parses(reads) links and uploaded items it picks the best way to use that link or uploaded item. It's not the same as before since before you had to choose what to do with the link or it was just a link. If someone does not like what the updated forums software does by default with link they can change it by clicking the link icon, But in 99% of cases the forums will make the best pick like playing YouTube videos.

And most of the custom code we had was tags for posting. To make the forums work most like it does now including playing you YouTube videos. Any other code has been gone since the last server move. Most of it was integration that was no longer supported

22 hours ago, Jason Simonds said:

Guess what????????????

Search is fixed!!! and since there is no more massive imports it should stay that way.

https://forums.hash.com/search/?q=project

I lied not all of the A:M Stills images got Imported I have to try again. Not tonight but maybe tomorrow night,

1 hour ago, robcat2075 said:

Something is wrong with the "Activity" tab.  It shows lots of people's profile changes but not threads that have been started or updated in the same time frame.

image.png

The short version of this problem is until I can finish at A:M stills import with out errors search, history and activity will be messed up. After each import even if it doesn't work I have to rebuild the data that powers that.