Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My Demo-Reel, 1992

John Bigboote

Just saw this on Youtube... this is my demo-reel from 1992- almost 10 years before I discovered A:M! The first scene shows the room I worked in at Grace&Wild with the equipment and the Oxberry film camera that we had converted to video(shooting frame by frame into an Abekes analog frame capture or doing insert edits into a D2 tape deck.) I had a lot more energy for this stuff back then than I do now, that's for sure.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some computer animation on there... I remember taking the job with that company in 1987 because they had an IBM 086 computer in the back room that had an archaic floppy-disc based 3D animation program (I think an early-early version of autodesk animator which became 3DMax) and I saw 3D animation as becoming a possible 'career' someday... "wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger." (Ronnie Lane)

• *A:M User*
There is some computer animation on there... I remember taking the job with that company in 1987 because they had an IBM 086 computer in the back room that had an archaic floppy-disc based 3D animation program (I think an early-early version of autodesk animator which became 3DMax) and I saw 3D animation as becoming a possible 'career' someday... "wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger." (Ronnie Lane)

I could apply that song to just about every facet of my life. :D

I always thought that was a Rod Stewart song, though.

Nice demo reel, holds up well. I really liked the rotoscope stuff, that was neat.

Thanks guys. When I think of all the spray-glue I was exposed to and exacto-knife incidents and endless wee-hour shoots bent over that Oxberry stand... I can attest that things are WAY easier today- a couple hours sitting in front of an LCD monitor... (even those old cathode ray tubes were bad for you.)

ROGER- Glad you knew the tune, Rod Stewart and the Faces were a great band- and as you learn more about them you discover that the true genius and heart of the band was Ronnie Lane- a talented writer, singer, bass and guitar player. Check him out with his post-Faces band Slim Chance and see if this tune doesn't get stuck in your head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSi3vUmqIXs

and, his version of ohh,la-la: