Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

model causing crash

I can no longer render!!!!!!!!!!!

when I attempt to render I get this

dammit.jpg

once this lovely screen appears all buttons lockup and I gotta shut down AM!

Why?????????????

Where is my normal render options????????????????????????

I already reset AM trying to fix it

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can no longer render!!!!!!!!!!!

when I attempt to render I get this

dammit.jpg

once this lovely screen appears all buttons lockup and I gotta shut down AM!

Why?????????????

Where is my normal render options????????????????????????

I already reset AM trying to fix it

I notice that you seem to have a case of the evil phantom Rotoscope folders. I do not know if that is part of this problem, but I am guessing your models, materials, chors, projects are stuffed full of gremlins and I would suggest getting rid of the phantom folders (in ALLLL files related to this chor/project) to eliminate the possibility that this condition is clobbering your rendering options/dialog.

To summarize: you will have to take each file into a text editor and delete all "rotocontainer" pairs. If you don't, the problem will keep multiplying, and never go away.

Here's a discussion on the problem that was happening in ver 15 (and before probably). The problem seems to have been taken care of in ver 16 (haven't seen it since)

Can you describe what you were doing right before this problem happened (for anything else to be suggested).

it seems to be attatched to that truck model.

but why would that model pull up a screen I have NEVER seen before?

I got rid of the rotoscopes from truck model

Some thoughts:

Have you tried toggling the advanced check box? Looks like your default unadvanced settings got clobbered?

Have you tried Help/reset settings?

If you start a new chor, and bring in the truck - do you get a funny screen?

If you delete truck from THIS chor that has problem do you still get funny screen?

What version are you using?

When did this start to happen? (what had you last changed, added, modified, before problem showed up)

Is it only connected to this scene or to all scenes? In case of all scenes you may want to reinstall A:M, to be sure.

Make sure you copy your master0.lic-file to a save place, uninstall A:M and reinstall it again. Then copy the master0.lic-file to the folder.

If this does not work, you may want to make a bug-report. Steffen is hunting the rotoscope-bug for some time now and while he solved many causes already, there may be other onces too...

See you

*Fuchur*

Do you have version of truck that worked before this problem occurred? And what did you change? Not sure AM reports are being looked at for ver15. But if can recreate in 16, 17 then that would be helpful.

If can't make newest version of truck work, then you will have to get rid of rotocontainers on one of your old versions, and redo any changes you made (but first get rid of rotocontainers).

Can you upload or email copy of corrupted truck? (with any materials) - hard to tell without model - but sounds like it got corrupted somehow.

If you don't want to upload or email truck, Can you examine the model in text editor - do you see anything funny besides rotocontainers?

Do you have version of truck that worked before this problem occurred? And what did you change? Not sure AM reports are being looked at for ver15. But if can recreate in 16, 17 then that would be helpful.

Nope, like a big dummy I didn't

If can't make newest version of truck work, then you will have to get rid of rotocontainers on one of your old versions, and redo any changes you made (but first get rid of rotocontainers).

rotos were deleted

Can you upload or email copy of corrupted truck? (with any materials) - hard to tell without model - but sounds like it got corrupted somehow.

yes Mam

If you don't want to upload or email truck, Can you examine the model in text editor - do you see anything funny besides rotocontainers?

not that I can see

• Hash Fellow

Well, it actually bluescreened my computer!

I'm not sure what's wrong. when I load it in v15 or v17 i get a normal looking render box when i go to render. But it causes a few crashes for not-known reasons.

I found one remaining ROTOCONTAINER pair at the end that I edited out.

Load this and see what happens. I dragged it into i new model and resaved.

That's a great looking truck!

DeliveryTruck4.zip

okay - I took a look - I was able to import your model into 15jplus - but I noticed I would crash every time I would try to look at the resolution via tools/options/rendering. A:M go boom. I went thru a variety of steps, and nothing would make a difference until I deleted all your groups.

Conclusion: I would suggest that you cleanup/consolidate your groups (don't delete them like I did), something is funny with your group structure/hierarchy, (aside from the fact that there is a gawd awful # of them, and many contain no cps). I suspect that there might be an overflowing of some buffer with so much garbage?

The other thing I would suggest is clean up your bones - the cogs in particular

cleanup your relationships - get rid of those that don't have anything in them

What I noticed and tried to fix before deleting all groups was

1) got rid of residual rotocontainer (in wordpad) - didn't help

2) noticed in word pad that someting was screwy with resolution - tried to fix - didn't help

3) deleted your preview picture - didn't help

4) deleted file position at end - didn't help

5) deleted groups in A:M and saved new model - worked! Or at least I didn't crash when went to check resolution

However there is still something funny going on with the resolution, even after I did the above.

Whenever I have to track something down, I always start fixing/eliminating those items that look strange. I wish I had something more definitive to suggest.

Something else to investigate and eliminate would be your sprite system - perhaps it should be a separate model that is constrained to your truck in the chor.

funnyresolution.jpg

DeliveryTruck1genenorotonopreviewWidthnofilepositionnogroups.mdl

still_weird.jpg

• Developer

I have played a little with the problem, points me to a thing which should never happened

One of the decals was the problem, it has a path , which exceeds the path limit under windows (260 chars at max for a path).

../../../../Program Files (x86)/Hash Inc/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/V15.0/Data/Materials/Particles/Sprites/ExtrasData/Models/Props/Musical/Drums/a_tarka_sand.jpg

That's some great detective work everyone! Gene, I like the new truck but it would be nice if the drum kit swung out with a little more weight and came down with a bit of a bounce at the bottom end of the swing. I know this is just a first draft, but awhile back you were commenting on the lack of liveliness (hope that's a good description) in your animation. This is the sort of little touch that helps, even with inanimate objects.