Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Mexico Aliens?

KenH

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"According to Mr. (redacted) Informant, the saucers were found in New Mexico due to the fact that the Government has a very high powered setup in that area"

Ok - maybe they caught the "saucers" as they were crashing on the radar screens (Not sure they would have been able to detect anomaly already on ground in 1950)

But then it gets a little koo-koo.

"it is believed the radar interferes with the controlling mechanism of the saucers"

Uh...Nope. Hard to believe them aliens could navigate space, and then get taken out by radio waves. Silly. silly.

But, if the pilots were circus midgets (most plausible theory so far), then maybe so.

I lived in New Mexico for 12 years. A large mythology has grown there of UFO sightings, cow mutilations (by aliens), underground alien bases, recovered alien technology, and aliens being held at various government laboratories and military bases. Some of the claims seem utterly ridiculous (such as underground alien bases near Dulce NM), while others seem vaguely plausible.

I've talked to several people who claim to have seen UFOs. One woman claimed to have touched one that had landed in her back yard. Several people claimed to have seen large formations of multicolored UFOs darting back and forth along sharp angular paths. I talked to one person who said that his uncle had been abducted. Two of my friends were hiking in the mountains and watched a UFO hovering over them, and when it began to fly away, one of the guys chased after it saying "Take me!" I even talked to one person who claimed that he was receiving some kind of food from "silicon based life forms" (he never showed me the food).

I never knew what to make of those stories, so I just put them on a mental shelf, waiting for more information.

Its said that Obama will announce the existence of visitors this year. The conspiracy people say its because the government has knowledge the the aliens will reveal themselves in 2012.

Not that I believe this to be true but its tripy to entertain the possibility. If Obama did make an announcement in an attempt to quell future panic when they reveal themselves, What would that mean to us in everyday life?

Its a hard concept to wrap your head around. To speak for myself, if I had to accept the undeniable fact that aliens exist and they are watching us, I think it would be kind of like a natural disaster, like an earthquake or tsunami. A lot of shock.

I remember getting a call from a friend and he told me to go outside and look west. It was night time and I went out and looked east. I saw nothing. My friend lift near me came outside and pointed west. I turned and looked.

I instantly went into shock. I could not talk or comprend what I was looking at. I was pearliesed with fear.It was a frightening feeling.

It looked like the sky had opened up into some sort of worm whole that enveloped the nights sky. It was multi colored Like a beautiful brilliant supernova. I couldnt make sense of it but yet is was right there and I had to accept it. What ever it was. I was actually trembling with fear.

My friend saw my fear and and said don't worry its a starwars missile test. Then I came back to my senses. But the point I am trying to make is that when I had no explanation at all......it was... so overpowering I couldn't respond. That is until I had a reasonable explanation.

This has happened once before to me. I was at a store and a creature that looked similar to a human female walked in front of me. Again I was stunned and went into shock. Again I could not comprehend what I was looking at. This creature had a human body but the head was incredibly deformed it was completely missing the jaw structure. Yet it was shopping right in front of me.

It did not look real, meaning to me I thought it was a jim henson / stan winston effect.

Then another customer said to me dont star she had large amounts of cancer removed from her head, face and jaw.

Guys i am telling you before I got this explanation my heart was on pause.

The best definition for what my brain was going through is a term called "uncanny valley" It basically means that the brain can not categorize what it is seeing. The brain attempts to put it in a category that it associates with something from reality or something real but because this thing looks so real and yet it is off your brain can not place this thing in either reality or fantasy. The brain rejects what it is seeing completely and for some like me you go into shock.

Keep in mind I have had to put pressure on a guy who was hit by a car and bleeding out large multiple wholes in his tattered hemriging body. I didnt g into shock then and I dont do it easily.

Just just bring this up because if you really explore the the feeling of accepting aliens all around our planet and walking among us. Its an unsettling feeling. WHat would that be like on a mass scale?

Unless they were malevolent, I don't think proof of alien existence would evoke fear in me. Perhaps the opposite. Hard to tell.

I kind of believe already. Like others...awaiting proof. I've seen a couple of things in the night sky I couldn't explain, but that doesn't make them aliens. Specifically, they were slow traveling star like lights that gradually faded out. My first instinct was some sort of meteorite, but there was no tail and they were too slow. Anyway...who knows!? Obama? We'll see. :)

Jason: You do know the uncanny valley is a well known concept around here right. :D

Its said that Obama will announce the existence of visitors this year. The conspiracy people say its because the government has knowledge the the aliens will reveal themselves in 2012.

Who says? I would bet my entire fortune (heh heh) that there is no possibility of any announcement coming from any Obama administration personnel about the existence of any extra-terrestrial visitors.

Unless they were malevolent, I don't think proof of alien existence would evoke fear in me. Perhaps the opposite. Hard to tell.

I do believe (without proof, purely speculation, as anyone who says what I am about to say must be speculating) that there MUST be some form of alien life somewhere in this entire universe, just based on probability. I do NOT believe there is any solid evidence we have been visited yet.

And also based on probability, I would bet that any alien life that could/might have the technology to visit this planet, would find us as interesting as we find discovering a new species. I suspect we humans would look incredibly primitive to them, and there is no reason for them to have any kind of compassion for us. They either want to take over this planet, or use us for their own purposes to make their "life" better. There is no reason they would come here just for the fun of it nor to reach out with goodwill. We might be a tasty new food source for them even. Or if we're lucky, we could turn out to be not interesting nor useful.

Perhaps I'm projecting the pattern of what history has shown us, when we humans decide to go exploring and find "new land". Usually doesn't work out so good for the first natives. Unless they are smarter than the invaders.

I do NOT believe there is any solid evidence we have been visited yet.

I'm gonna modify that and say, I do suspect that there is a good possibility that alien forms may have reached this planet via meteorites, like in bacteria, virus size forms. I believe I have read somewhere (can't find source) that there have been some findings of new forms of "life" (something that replicates itself) that do not conform to the dna model, nor carbon base model.

Usually doesn't work out so good for the first natives.

True. However, space is the only place where former sworn enemies have co-operated to create something that each couldn't do alone....the space station. I think we're humbled by the vastness of space and that keeps our violent urges in check. My guess is that any other space faring species would feel similar.

I kind of believe already. Like others...awaiting proof. I've seen a couple of things in the night sky I couldn't explain, but that doesn't make them aliens. Specifically, they were slow traveling star like lights that gradually faded out. My first instinct was some sort of meteorite, but there was no tail and they were too slow. Anyway...who knows!? Obama? We'll see. :)

Jason: You do know the uncanny valley is a well known concept around here right. :D

I did not know it was common knowledge.

By the way, what you described sounds a lot like a satellite. I used to live in Florida and if you looked up at night for any given length of time you could see them.

Who says? I would bet my entire fortune (heh heh) that there is no possibility of any announcement coming from any Obama administration personnel about the existence of any extra-terrestrial visitors.

I do believe (without proof, purely speculation, as anyone who says what I am about to say must be speculating) that there MUST be some form of alien life somewhere in this entire universe, just based on probability. I do NOT believe there is any solid evidence we have been visited yet.

And also based on probability, I would bet that any alien life that could/might have the technology to visit this planet, would find us as interesting as we find discovering a new species. I suspect we humans would look incredibly primitive to them, and there is no reason for them to have any kind of compassion for us. They either want to take over this planet, or use us for their own purposes to make their "life" better. There is no reason they would come here just for the fun of it nor to reach out with goodwill. We might be a tasty new food source for them even. Or if we're lucky, we could turn out to be not interesting nor useful.

Perhaps I'm projecting the pattern of what history has shown us, when we humans decide to go exploring and find "new land". Usually doesn't work out so good for the first natives. Unless they are smarter than the invaders.

If they had the tech to travel the stars they most likely have been evolving for millions of years, if that is true than they may have evolved beyond the desire to take something without considering the impact. They may have evolved to consider all life invaluable.

We are evolving too very slowly but a half black man is president and in the future a white woman may be president and so on. Gays are now starting to get rights like African Americans and other minorities faut for.

So if we can continue to evolve than just think of a species that has been around for thousands of years longer than us. Who knows the LORD OF THE FLYS instinct to take just because your bigger and you can rather than having compassion may eventually fade away.

I did not know it was common knowledge.

By the way, what you described sounds a lot like a satellite. I used to live in Florida and if you looked up at night for any given length of time you could see them.

The "uncanny valley" as in 3D characters approaching reality.

I was think it might be a satalite too. Why would they fade out? Maybe the sun stops reflecting off the solar panels? I actually saw one last night too. But there was one before that was brighter than other stars and stayed in the one place before fading out. Who knows what's out there if it's not aliens. :)

If aliens did act violently, I've no doubt there would be some among them would disapprove of the behaviour at least.

If aliens did act violently, I've no doubt there would be some among them would disapprove of the behaviour at least.

That would be assuming that extra-terrestrials were cut from the same cloth as humans, which is highly unlikely. Morality might not be a concept that their particular "life form" needs.

Humans, have yet to realize that violence towards other humans, other cultures, other species is not always in their best interest of survival (unless limited resources are being competed for). ET's may or may not be the same.

Anthropomorphizing is an ego-centric tendency of the human species. It's the same as we speculate that dogs think of us as leaders of their pack, or that cats have any use for us other than as a servant.

EG Bacteria, snails, etc (and probably cats) on the other hand, as far as I can tell, have no concept of good or evil in their behavior systems. I don't want to guess what they think of us, if they think of us at all.

ET's might disapprove of "harming" us, only if we were important to their survival, eg. not consuming some of the resources they might need, or not taking up too much space in their new vacation home. It'll be even more dicey if we don't believe in the same gods that they believe in, assuming they believe in gods at all. That's an anthropomorphization on my part.

• 3 weeks later...

New Mexico Circus Midget Mystery & Area 51 connection revealed on npr radio today

From mid-way down the page:

On the Soviet human experiments her source told her about

"The child-sized aviators in this craft [that crashed in New Mexico] were the result of a Soviet human experimentation program, and they had been made to look like aliens a la Orson Welles' War of the Worlds, and it was a warning shot over President Truman's bow, so to speak. In 1947, when this would have originally happened, the Soviets did not yet have the nuclear bomb, and Stalin and Truman were locked in horns with one another, and Stalin couldn't compete in nuclear weaponry yet, but he certainly could compete in the world of black propaganda — and that was his aim, according to my source. ...

"What is firsthand information is that he worked with these bodies [of the pilots] and he was an eyewitness to the horror of seeing them and working with them. Where they actually came from is obviously the subject of debate. But if you look at the timeline with Josef Mengele, he left Auschwitz in January of 1945 and disappeared for a while, and the suggestion by the source is that Mengele had already cut his losses with the Third Reich at that point and was working with Stalin."

On why the Soviets would have undertaken such a hoax

"The plan, according to my source, was to create panic in the United States with this belief that a UFO had landed with aliens inside of it. And one of the most interesting documents is the second CIA director, Walter Bedell Smith, memos back and forth to the National Security Council talking about how the fear is that the Soviets could make a hoax against America involving a UFO and overload our early air-defense warning system, making America vulnerable to an attack."

I listened to the audio - very interesting, has more info than the print recap. The most interesting part is at the end of the interview. The author isn't claiming this is what she believes, but she found her eye witness source to be very credible on everything else, but she has no way to verify. It feels like she is only reporting what she was told, and not interjecting her feelings (too much).

I would tend to believe that this incident had more to do with the proven stupidity, brutality of humans (especially working on politically, defense motivated government programs), rather than any extra-terrestrial invasion. This, if anything, is more plausible to me, of why there would be a government cover-up of an incident to which there are living eye witnesses. Obviously needs more back-up & collaborating data.

The nuclear testing, contamination at area 51 is horrifying enough. Blowing holes in the ozone layer is another example of dumbness, irresponsible behavior, if this is true. Human experimentation, by the same folks who brought you weapons of mass destruction, doesn't seem too far-fetched.

EDIT: This author (hawking her book of course) will be on Jon Stewart tonight - should be interesting

Edited by NancyGormezano