Hash, Inc. Forums

Putting Bones in my Knuckles

MJL

All of a sudden I was having problems rendering TGA decals, using 15.e. I tried everything but kept getting artifacts. I finally installed 15.0J+ and now things are rendering right again.

I put jeans and a t-shirt on Knuckles and deleted the underlying body mesh. I think I'm gonna leave him bare-foot and rig his toes while I'm learning to rig. So over the next couple of days I'll be studying up on the 2008 rig.

Barefootin__.jpg

LOL. Thanks Paul, my characters name is Knuckles McGurke so he's probably related to McKnuckles. You never know about those Scottsman. They'd probably settle it over a dram of single malt and head to the links. :D I'm gearing up for my first short. Should be fun

LOL. Thanks Paul, my characters name is Knuckles McGurke so he's probably related to McKnuckles. You never know about those Scottsman. They'd probably settle it over a dram of single malt and head to the links. :D I'm gearing up for my first short. Should be fun

Aye lad, toss back a dram and throw a wee telephone pole aroon, now that's fun! btw from a Scotsman, it's Scotsman, it's a prideful nationality, not a name. And it would be MacKnuckles, McKnuckles would be his good for nothing Irish cousin!

Any thread of mine is dedicated to bad puns! :D

Thanks for the heads up , fae alba, wouldn't want to offend any Scotsman.

I have kilt too many brain cells in my years of research of single malts fed by my desire to one day play St Andrews. :lol:

And it would be MacKnuckles, McKnuckles would be his good for nothing Irish cousin!

I have an associate at the music store where I teach, whose name is Armstrong. He assures me steadfastly that the clan MacKnuckles hails from Glascow.

And it would be MacKnuckles, McKnuckles would be his good for nothing Irish cousin!

I have an associate at the music store where I teach, whose name is Armstrong. He assures me steadfastly that the clan MacKnuckles hails from Glascow.

Is that Glasgow or Glascow, as in see-thru bovine? My granpappy hailed from Forfar, Aberdeenshire.

My great Grandmother was a Tudor

Mine was a Fordor

proud descendant of a Campbell. Past president of the oldest Scottish benevolent society in New York State (210 years so far), past NY state commissioner of Clan Campbell Society of North America, president of the Capital District Scottish Society, and all around good guy!

Pleased to make your acquaintance, and welcome to the brotherhood/sisterhood of the Celts!

LOL, the spelling error is mine, but not mine alone. Before posting I did a search and got THIS.

My friend did mention something about a Glascow Kiss?

Don't know about Tudor or Fordor, but my daddy said I was conceived in a hatchback.

Hmmmm Queen Marie Tudor of Scotland ring any bells?

Hmmmm....Nope.

Quoted from Wikipedia:

Tudor: Mary Tudor (18 March 1496 – 25 June 1533) was the younger sister of Henry VIII of England and queen consort of France due to her marriage to Louis XII. After his death, she married Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk.

Tudor: Mary I (18 February 1516 – 17 November 1558) was Queen of England and Queen of Ireland from 19 July 1553 until her death. She was the eldest daughter of Henry VIII and only surviving child of Catherine of Aragon. As the fourth crowned monarch of the Tudor dynasty, she is remembered for restoring England to Roman Catholicism after succeeding her short-lived half brother, Edward VI, to the English throne. In the process, she had almost 300 religious dissenters burned at the stake in the Marian Persecutions, earning her the sobriquet of "Bloody Mary". Her re-establishment of Roman Catholicism was reversed by her successor and half-sister, Elizabeth I.

Stuart: Mary, Queen of Scots (8 December 1542 – 8 February 1587) , daughter of King James V, (known as Mary Stuart and, in French, as Marie Stuart; was Scottish monarch from 14 December 1542 to 24 July 1567. In the lists of Scottish sovereigns, she is recognized as Mary I (Mary II being her great-great-granddaughter).

Stuart or Tudor?

Don't know about Tudor or Fordor, but my daddy said I was conceived in a hatchback.

Ahh! The "Treedor"! That sounds more Irish than Scottish. ;)

Mine was a Fordor

Nancy- If you keep making jokes like that... I'm staying!

As a Campbell meself... I want you to listen to this song about a Campbell-

LOL good tune! Campbell's are noted for always being on the right (winning) side of any conflict. The biggest reason the name Campbell is maligned is a little incident called the Glencoe massacre. Blamed on the Campbell clan...wasn't really. If you're interested in the "true" story, from a Campbell's point of view I'll tell it to ya in some other way...won't hijack this poor thread any more!

LOL, the spelling error is mine, but not mine alone. Before posting I did a search and got THIS.

My friend did mention something about a Glascow Kiss?

Just goes tae show ya... take what you find on the internet with a grain of salt...

Stuart: Mary, Queen of Scots (8 December 1542 – 8 February 1587) , daughter of King James V, (known as Mary Stuart and, in French, as Marie Stuart; was Scottish monarch from 14 December 1542 to 24 July 1567. In the lists of Scottish sovereigns, she is recognized as Mary I (Mary II being her great-great-granddaughter).

Stuart or Tudor?

The monarchy of Scotland and England are/were closely related, having so many intermarriages to cousins, sisters, uncles.

Mary Queen of Scots

Father was James V, a Stuart.

Father was James IV a Stuart

Mother Margaret Tudor

Source

The monarchy of Scotland and England are/were closely related, having so many intermarriages to cousins, sisters, uncles.

Indeed, the whole of European monarchy was like one big argumentative family, arranging marriages between cousins for the best political gain, like playing chess.

Mother Margaret Tudor

Ah, yes! Margaret, (Henry's older sister), was a Tudor (English-Welsh) and though she became Queen of Scotland her descendents were not Tudors but Stuarts. So, as far as Gene's great grandmother is concerned, having the Tudor name, doesn't connect her bloodline with Scotland, unfortunately.

As far as I can tell, anyone alive today, with any genetic links to the Brits is descended from William the Conqueror.

And as long as we're REALLY hijacking this thread, unruly royal bastards that we all are, here's a link to a site that seems to have good info on the peerage's for anyone doing family history fabrications (as I am prone to do).

It's all rigged I tell ya: The Royal Family - Inbred genetic mutants or hereditary con-artists?

...oh yeah...umm...back to rigging King MacGurkleKnuckle, 3rd Earl of Treedor royal bones...

LOL

If you're interested in the "true" story, from a Campbell's point of view I'll tell it to ya in some other way...won't hijack this poor thread any more!

And as long as we're REALLY hijacking this thread,

This thread was so seriously hijacked a few miles back that I started another one for rigging "The Earl of Tredor". This one was becoming too much fun to interrupt for stuff like actual rigging.

I must admit, though, that I was expecting more and better (or worse) wordplay. I'll try to think of a suitable punishment.

• Hash Fellow

The odd thing about European monarchies, to me, is that no one seems to be from the country they are ruling.

The British royal family is really German (George I was recruited from Germany when the English-Scottish line ran out), The Swedish and Spanish Royal families are French-Austrian, in Norway they are Danish...

The British royal family is really German (George I was recruited from Germany when the English-Scottish line ran out)

Well....that may be if you follow the immediate paternal line to the Hanovers...however...it's more accurate to follow the maternal lines (which are from all over - france, spain, austria)...

As we Jews have always known ...If your maw ain't Jewish, then we ain't so sure about you ...

The way I hear tell... them royals fooled around alot

• Hash Fellow
If we damaged your funnybone, you can always fix it with tome Scots tape. :D

Scotch Tape was actually named that because William McKnight, one of the leading figures in the 3M company, was of Scottish descent.

Are we off topic yet?

LOL

This thread was so seriously hijacked a few miles back that I started another one for rigging "The Earl of Tredor". This one was becoming too much fun to interrupt for stuff like actual rigging.

I must admit, though, that I was expecting more and better (or worse) wordplay. I'll try to think of a suitable punishment.

Scotch Tape was actually named that because William McKnight, one of the leading figures in the 3M company, was of Scottish descent.

Are we off topic yet?

I sort of fell bad for poor MacKnuckles...I'm sure he's standing in the corner shaking his wee animated head wonderin just what the bloody heck happened to his thread!

I myself haven't got much work done as well since I keep coming back here to see what other hijinks have been posted here!

And the 3M folks must have been drinking scotch since to name it for Scottish descent it would have been named Scots Tape...much funner to dream up things whilst drinking uisge beatha (the water of life) or Scotch (me thinks I need to run out and acquire myself a bottle today and get back to work on my own short!)

A bottle of 35 year old Macallan perhaps? Or a more modest Glen Rothes? Out here the prices on single malts have taken a horrible jump. That, plus a go-round with Hep-C have curtailed my research into the elixer and put a resultant dip in the Scottish economy. (the Hep-C was conquered with 6 month of Chemo, but that's another thread)

So enjoy it for me, as well as yourself, fae alba. Looking forward to your short.

( My characters name is Knuckles McGurke, haven't asked him yet if he's Scottish or Irish. Just thought it sounded like a funny name. You'll understand better when you see the short.)

A bottle of 35 year old Macallan perhaps? Or a more modest Glen Rothes?

So enjoy it for me, as well as yourself, fae alba. Looking forward to your short.

Macallan is a fine choice. I usually go cheap and stick with a 12 year old, and while the older bottles may be a wee bit smoother, over all the 12 is very very good. Hint: never ever never put ice in your single malt! Instead poor your room temp dram (shot) in a tumbler, then, using a straw, put just a few wee drops of water into it. Swirl it a bit, then savor. Most of the flavor of a good single malt comes from the wood casks they are aged in, put wood tanens into the liquor. Chilling the scotch tightens the tanen molecules, reducing the flavor. A few drops of water allows the tanens to relax, giving a much deeper, fulfilling experience.

Every once in a while I'll host whiskey tastings, and this is the first thing I go over, doing a taste test, of a dram without water, and a dram with. I won't even discuss putting other "additives" in a single malt. If you aint drinkin for the flavor, then don't waste your money on a single malt!

using a straw, put just a few wee drops of water into it.

If you aint drinkin for the flavor, then don't waste your money on a single malt

!

Thanks for the tip, Paul. I've always drank mine "neat". What size straw? The skinny straws that come with the sissy drinks? Or the even skinnier stirrer straws that the "finer establishments" provide to stir the Jack in the coke?

using a straw, put just a few wee drops of water into it.

If you aint drinkin for the flavor, then don't waste your money on a single malt

!

Thanks for the tip, Paul. I've always drank mine "neat". What size straw? The skinny straws that come with the sissy drinks? Or the even skinnier stirrer straws that the "finer establishments" provide to stir the Jack in the coke?

It is really just a few drops of water...I use a regular drinking straw..man I'm going to have to trade in my black and tan for a dram of Macallens now!