sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Just Checkin In

MJL

I love A:M and this forum. I check it for new posts more often than I check my email, and I check my email several times a day.

I've been slowly making images for my website upgrade and learning about materials a bit. Because I plan on using the "Christie" font throughout my website, and want to have the lettering look a little more "3d" I modeled the Alphabet which has taken me some time. But it has helped me gain a higher "spline consciousness".

I'm very much looking forward to the time when I get caught up enough with my "day job" projects to actually try my hand at animating something. Here are a couple of the images I've come up with for the site. There is the main "enter" page, and a close up of the navigation button. Also an image work in progress.

Page.jpg

Navigation_Button.jpg

Nouveau_WIP.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anybody would like to make use of this alphabet, but here it is if anyone wants it.

Today's alphabet model is brought to you by the letter "T". . . . . with Mucky Brass Material applied in this jpg.

EDIT: Moved the Zip file toHere

Tt0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to learn how make materials from scratch. Shooting for a material that would look like a slab of Marble Stone. I will be continuing to do that, but in the meantime I took a break and played with the Darksim plugin.

15 minute render for 1 frame, but there are 12 different materials in the image.

Small_Vase___Darktree.png

Vase___Darktree.jpg