Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Annual Thanksgiving Video

If anyone has payed attention or if ive forgotten to mention the past two years i have made a video for our Thanksgiving Carpetball tournament.

Each year it has improved immensly and each year i think i wont be able to out-do myself.

But i have once again.

I have modeled all the people that will be in the tournament to be involved in the video. I am not the best realistic modeller but i pulled off a neat cartoonish look for everyone. With a few modifications and different outfits and hairdo's i say this turned out pretty awesome.

I have also [using the 2001 skeleton rig] rigged all 20 something people.

Everything has been done by me and none others :).

Here are some of the characters and some snapshots of the scene in which they will be in.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

But. Because i like to out-do myself i want to render the whole thing in HD 720p.

And my computer just cant pull that kind of stuff off.

It approximately takes an hour to render just one second of animation.

So if there is any advice or anyone willing to help me out it is greatly appreciated. i have school every day so rendering all the time is not really possible for me. What i mean for help is if anyone given the animation file already ready to render would render scenes for me if they have faster processors or whatever is needed for fast working computers. :P

-Caleb.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I like the models! I laughed at the guy in the short shorts. :D

I can't help render, but you might get more inquiries if you alter the thread title to "Rrendering help needed for..."

I'm looking forward to seeing the production!

Awesome models :) I can't help render either. I work on my computer all day.

But if you are at school ... there is no reason your computer at home can't be rendering all day long. And you aren't using your computer at night while you are sleeping.

Another option is to render smaller, then use Irfanview or a Photoshop action to scale the frames up to 720p.

• *A:M User*

I just bought netrender update and have at least 12 computers for rendering. Now that being said I have not finished my new server and will be this weekend. You can email me through the forum and we can talk. How long is the animation? I render wrangled for TWO and have done other small project renderings for others. So long as all the chor and setup are completed I will see what Ican do.

Steve

I just bought netrender update and have at least 12 computers for rendering. Now that being said I have not finished my new server and will be this weekend. You can email me through the forum and we can talk. How long is the animation? I render wrangled for TWO and have done other small project renderings for others. So long as all the chor and setup are completed I will see what Ican do.

Steve

the animation itself is not that long. well actually i am not too sure right now. i change stuff all the time. there is no plan for this project. i just make up stuff as i go. but i wouldnt imagine more than 2 minutes worth of rendering to happen. i have not animated all the choreographies yet but i soon will so i can give you time to do them whenever it works for you. i am at school at the moment so for some reason i cant send a message from the forum to you. so you can just email me at and i can talk to you better through there.

• 2 months later...

Well this is the Final video.

The editing is not that great. And that is because we made it the night before thanksgiving.

So there is a lot of stuff that maybe you will not want to see but you can watch it all if you want.

But i did all the modelling, all the rigging and animating, the lighting. All me.

But here it is. Enjoy! [hopefully]

I enjoyed it. Looking forward to this years version. Enjoyed the credits, too. there's nothing wrong with me, I just enjoyed Mayers music. Thanks for giving the Sharpie Corp. the credit they so obviously deserve and so seldom get. :D

• Admin

I thought that was great! :)

Lots to like about this short and some aspects were 'best seen to date anywhere'.

For instance, its rare to see shadows get that realistic crossover look that you've managed to get in there.

Great sense of humor, some of those dramatic poses were inspired and made me want to know more about these guys/gals.

If there is any one thing I'd suggest to really make it better (while keeping the same feel) it would be to apply some post processing to blend it all together even more.

To be a little nitpicky... don't forget to use spell checking.

At a glance I saw two spelling/grammar mistakes; 'your... instead of you're' and 'beleive' instead of 'believe'.

Correcting those may seem trivial but... attention to detail! ;)

You've got some obvious time and effort put into this.

Very well done. :)

I look forward to your next production.

I enjoyed it. Looking forward to this years version. Enjoyed the credits, too. there's nothing wrong with me, I just enjoyed Mayers music. Thanks for giving the Sharpie Corp. the credit they so obviously deserve and so seldom get. :D

Ha yeah the moment we finished rendering out the DVD for that one i was already thinking about next years version and had some pretty awesome ideas. Im hoping to start even earlier and have an even better one then then what i just did.

I thought that was great! :)

To be a little nitpicky... don't forget to use spell checking.

At a glance I saw two spelling/grammar mistakes; 'your... instead of you're' and 'beleive' instead of 'believe'.

Correcting those may seem trivial but... attention to detail! ;)

You've got some obvious time and effort put into this.

Very well done. :)

I look forward to your next production.

Thanks. Yeah those spelling errors were because of my uncle :P He was writing the things while i was in another room finishing up stuff and i noticed it when we looked at in on the DVD but it was too late to fix them.

Thanks tho for the comment. I cant wait to start next year's.

• 3 weeks later...
pretty collection of character. Does AM support how much point (spline)?

Gratien ;)

It depends mainly on your computer's speed. This was a pretty high spline project for my computer . It got really slow several times. I could not even render it on mine or it would have taken weeks to get done.