Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

BC-304

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i knew somebody was going to say that. this is my thing with beveling, if I can even get it to a good looking point I'll be happy, then I'll learn how to bevel stuff (cause I honestly have no idea how to right now, and I have no idea how it's gonna screw up my geometry!)

ah, well, a lot of times my CPs are very far apart. anyways, here's a little detailing bit that I've gotten done before i hit the ol sack...

post-9859-1254969046_thumb.jpg

EDIT: If anyone has some good front and back rotoscopes, I'll gladly take them, I'm currently modelining from a top, bottom, side and ortho view

very cool. great start! In some corners you can get away with setting the bias magnitude to a very small number, like 12 or 20, instead of beveling. It just depends on the area and how far away the next CP is.

which magnitude do i use, in magnitude or out magnitude or both?

EDIT: NVM, found it, and i didn't notice much difference when using it

i didn't notice much difference when using it

You won't see much change in your mesh if you have already peaked your splines. Make a copy of your model first and then select all the CPs and hit "P", which will should turn all your splines to curves again. (It actually toggles between peaked and not peaked so if you had and curved plines they will become peaked.) Then try messing with the magnitude values. Nothing beats modelling the bevels into the geometry but magnitude can work in some situations.

i dunno. i don't really have any intentions with this model, i'm just building it to see if i am even remotely capable of modeling something that detailed. and yes, a lot of stuff is peaked, so that explains the magnitude thing. and i'll upload that mdl in a few minutes when i'm on the PC with the model. but essentially i want this to be a ship that you could zoom in really far if you wanted too. i also think i'll build an f-302 and give the ship a squad of 302's in the hanger bay

those, oh, no, those are just antenna for communications and sensors and things. and it`s a ship from Stargate. Well, I suppose now that they`ve been upgraded by the Asgard it has serious firepower, but I haven`t even started modeling any of the guns yet

and here is my last render of the day. i unfortunate;y probably won't have time to work on this for days, but maybe by then there'll be a quick tut on beveling (no hurries though, honestly)

This render sports some rail guns, so we can now blow stuffs up

post-9859-1255057151_thumb.jpg

thanks for the link to that tut, i'll see about implementing it on the model, and here's a quick update. i felt like working on some of the larger areas today. also, having a bit of difficulty with the hanger bays, because they have an awkward shape that is hard to determine from my rotoscopes. also, how do people render their pics with a noise filter, because i can't find a plain old noise filter in the post effects in the library

post-9859-1255110557_thumb.jpg

Im assuming by noise filter you mean AO (Amibient Occlusion) that white grainy render look. Try this Thread on how to do that.

Photoman

ambient occlusion? why on earth call it that when the rest of the world calls it noise?

Its a technical name.... it calculates rays shooting off the object (model) and every time they hit another object (Another model or the same model) it calculates it as darker. The noise comes from a low sampling rate...

I think thats right....

Been enjoying this WIP, Stargate is my favorite Scifi show.

Photoman

• 2 weeks later...